The Abu Dhabi Grand Prix

Arizona

I'll have to check but I'm sure I read somewhere in our pre-race notes on Abu Dhabi that the Yas Marinas track featured a change in elevation equivalent to an 18 storey building.

Is that including the pitlane in a mine shaft and the hotel?

Can't believe that's true, but if it is, it doesn't really make an impact of the racing in the same way as say Eau Rouge or the Corkscrew. There was even a turn at the old Autodromo in Buenos Aires very much like Corkcrew which was always a challenge.

Ponty, can you send a letter to the powers that be asking for a return to the 2005 spec. That season was just epic (I'm sure you wont argue too much).

The cars looked good too. I think the MP4-20 is one of the best looking cars ever. Driven by Kimi and Montoya, it was always exciting to watch. Just a shame it wasn't more reliable.

Then there was also Ferrari and Toyota keeping the front two honnest (I always forget Toyota for some reason, but they got 88 points) and Williams, BAR and Red Bull there or there abouts.

Here's a reminder: