The Complete Saints Live on TV History

adysaint

edit - I missed a game didn't I? Thankfully no one spotted. It was the desperate 1-3 home defeat to Watford when Madsen scored a meaningless consolation... Must have been bad cos I totally forgot about it.

Updated version below including Coventry game.

Months late, months making, months spent watching every Season Review video/DVD and cross referencing every game with ITN.

http://www.ziddu.com/download/2330502/saintsTVguide.xls.html

Home games

Away games

Neutral venue

It was my intention to debunk the "We always lose on TV myth" and even though the final stats read:

PLD W D L FA AG +/-

124 43 25 56 152 181 -29

I still think that is a reasonable record considering we were traditional Prem stugglers and now CCC strugglers.

The fact we have only won 3 of 15 since relegation is probably the reason everyone thinks we lose on TV.

Couple of points: Claus testiomonial is included cos it was played in a competitive spirit. If it had been a MLT 7-7 affair it wouldn't have been.

Derby 2nd leg is counted as a 3-2 LOSS. I know its the team that scores the most goals wins, but who came out of Pride Park that night thinking: "What a great win that was." If I was doing Man U (imagine that!?) with loads of European 2 legs to look at, I might have thought differently...

Enjoy folks and yes, I have no life;)

Edited by adysaint

It is EVERY Saints game that has been shown LIVE on TV by a UK based Broadcaster (no dodgy scandanavian channels).

Starting from 76 Cup Final to QPR on Sunday

There is no game missing, though I nearly forgot the Wimbledon 0-1 in 97 cos it was so awful. I was there and only remembered it was on Sky because of a picture on the back of the Season Review video.

It is EVERY Saints game that has been shown LIVE on TV by a UK based Broadcaster (no dodgy scandanavian channels).

There is no game missing, though I nearly forgot the Wimbledon 0-1 in 97 cos it was so awful. I was there and only remembered it was on Sky because of a picture on the back of the Season Review video.

trouble is we were pretty prolific on the tv in the late 70s and early 80s. What is our record since the inception of the premier league?

Who are you calling dodgy?! ;)

Not surprised about Liverpool. I think in our last few seasons in the PL we did de double over them and won on some other occasions as well.