Great Telegraph report

Delmary

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/7533089/Southampton-4-Carlisle-1-match-report.html

Love the following bit:D:

With almost a quarter of Southampton’s entire population estimated to have been at Wembley, it was also an occasion that underlined the potential turning of the tide along the Hampshire coast.

Whereas Portsmouth continue to sink towards relegation, Southampton — who themselves were in administration this time last year — are celebrating a first trophy since 1976.:smt038

"I don’t think it will buy me some time,” said Pardew. “His [Cortese’s] driving at me can sometimes, you could argue, put too much pressure on.

Sometimes it’s just about right. It was important we won because I can look him in the eye and say, ’look, we’ve done a lot of good things’.

It may be this sentence that explains some of the crowd 'Boo-ing' this afternoon - wrong as it may be!

"I don’t think it will buy me some time,” said Pardew. “His [Cortese’s] driving at me can sometimes, you could argue, put too much pressure on.

Sometimes it’s just about right. It was important we won because I can look him in the eye and say, ’look, we’ve done a lot of good things’.

It may be this sentence that explains some of the crowd 'Boo-ing' this afternoon - wrong as it may be!

Like any high-profile manager in any walk of business life, if the board back you with the resources you asked for then they want to see that you use them well and have a plan for doing so that takes the business forward. I've had this myself recently (even was talking to my bro yesterday in the bar before the match about it). NC is right to put pressure on but both he and AP should keep their council on the matter and not discuss it in public.

AP has had good early success and can argue that our targets were to rebuild and survive this year. But, be under no illusion that the board will want to see us dominate L1 next year from the off assuming we haven't scraped into the play-offs (and won).

I believe that AP and NC can and will succeed.

COYS.