Tour de France

Huffton

Still a few weeks off but I'm starting to really look forward to it now. Just been looking through the route, shame about the lack of time trials, particularly the team TT, but the Pyreneen stages more than make up for it. Two 'classic' Tour stages, including two ascents of the Tourmalet will rip the field to shreds. Clearly the big hitters will be targetting these two days to stamp their authority on the race, but will their teams be able to keep them safe for so long into the race? Should be a classic Tour this year. Any early predictions?

Really looking forward to the two climbs of the Tormalet, just which the stage finish at it's summit was the one including the Col D'Aspin. Never mind.

Must disagree with you on the TTT. I've never liked it. Top riders on a lesser team can be out of Le Tour purely on that one stage. There is, obviously, a team aspect - but I think the TTT takes it too far.

Can't wait for it to start, mind!

Was meant to be going out for a week centered on the Pyrenees as i've already done the last day in Paris, but my mate is unable to go :mad: Definitely going next year and hoping for a slightly better route. Take a tent or take a caravan?

Can't wait for this to start; is there a more tactical and inspirational sport around?

Contador is a class above so fully expect him to excel in the mountains sufficiently to win. Would be great to see Wiggins do well again this year (it made a nice change to see a Brit doing so well in the overall classification last time).

One of my favourite events of the year also. Can't see much beyond Contador for the overall, although Andy Schleck will run him close. Would love to see Evans do well, but as usual I doubt he'll have much of a team to support him. Basso and Armstrong to feature in the top 5. Wiggins probably in the next group, with the likes of Menchov & Frank Schleck.

Will be interesting to see if Cavendish can win the green jersey this time.