If they truly believed....

1965onwards

...in what they are doing,Lowe and Wilde would put up the neccessary personal guarantees to cover our unsecured debt,whereby we could keep well clear of administration for the amount of time it would take to get our finances in kilter with our position in the football world.

All of our high-earners should be out of contract at the end of the season,leaving us in a much better position.

Lowe and Wilde,put up or **** off!

...in what they are doing,Lowe and Wilde would put up the neccessary personal guarantees to cover our unsecured debt,whereby we could keep well clear of administration for the amount of time it would take to get our finances in kilter with our position in the football world.

All of our high-earners should be out of contract at the end of the season,leaving us in a much better position.

Lowe and Wilde,put up or **** off!

They've already done the right thing by in fact, nearly getting rid of all our top earners.

BUT they have no balls to take risks or invest their own money.

They've done a good job in terms of cost cutting. they've probably saved the club a lot of money.

Most of the first teamers atm are hardly on much of a wage.

They've already done the right thing by in fact, nearly getting rid of all our top earners.

BUT they have no balls to take risks or invest their own money.

They've done a good job in terms of cost cutting. they've probably saved the club a lot of money.

Most of the first teamers atm are hardly on much of a wage.

Both Lowe & Wilde are only shareholders they have not got the sort of money between them to put things back on track. They are only keeping the ship afloat just.

i would like to see lowe and wilde come out and say that they will be prepared to do something ,if the crowd consistantly stays above 20k because all of the 'stay aways' are just as bad as lowe and wilde imo,they are not backing the team in our hour of need.

its time for a lot of fans to take a look at themselves and support the team through the bad times as well as the good.

i would like to see lowe and wilde come out and say that they will be prepared to do something ,if the crowd consistantly stays above 20k because all of the 'stay aways' are just as bad as lowe and wilde imo,they are not backing the team in our hour of need.

its time for a lot of fans to take a look at themselves and support the team through the bad times as well as the good.

Tell me if you were loyal to a local shop and all of a sudden it got into

financial difuculties made cost cuts and sold poor quality products

that were not worth the price being charged would you continue to buy from there?

People are free to make their own choices as to how and where

they spend their hard earned cash and it does not make them

a crap customer or a bad supporter.

Not sure I agree, primarily because I doubt they have that amoungt of dosh to do just that.

Secondly, I don't think it is actually a fair ask.

That's one helluva chicken-and-egg situation.

I suggested a few weeks ago that Lowe should volunteer to give up one weeks pay every time the attendance went over a certain figure, so that both sides could be seen doing something, and the stay-aways could no longer use the excuse of lining Lowe's pockets.

A lot of people liked the idea, but a few had a go simply because I suggested it.

that were not worth the price being charged would you continue to buy from there?

agreed Rupert started this customer crap and now the folly of his treatment of fans over the years is coming home to roost, in fact without the lunatic fringe we would not be getting to 10k

Lowe likes to look on supporters as customers and consumers rather than fans with an emotional stake in the club.

He can hardly then complain when they do not buy the product he is offering,because they do not like it anymore.

Football has gone down the road of alienating supporters,sacrificed on the altar of the great god MONEY.

Your views on supporters are now out of date LWS.

Well I've taken a look and after 40+ years AND A 350 MILE ROUND TRIP for every home game and said thanks a bunch I 've had enough!!

Southampton FC is not enjoyable anymore.It is overpriced, underskilled and by many on here, amazingly still overhyped!!

Lowe likes to look on supporters as customers and consumers rather than fans with an emotional stake in the club.

He can hardly then complain when they do not buy the product he is offering,because they do not like it anymore.

Football has gone down the road of alienating supporters,sacrificed on the altar of the great god MONEY.

Your views on supporters are now out of date LWS.

I said something similar a couple of weeks ago.

You can't turn this into an entertainment business, owned by a PLC, call the supporters customers, treat them with contempt, serve up 5hyite and then expect supporters to remain in the past and just turn up as loyal cannon fodder.

Football has changed and Southampton Leisure Holdings PLC has certainly changed this CLub. Ultimately you reap what you sow. You can't have it both ways.

you cant compare supporting a football team with buying products from a shop.

being a supporter you know that you will not always get what you want,sometimes the team will be on top form and win games,sometimes they will be under par and lose,it doesnt exactly do what it says on the tin.

buying stuff from a shop is a bit more straightforward,if you buy something and it is shoddy or faulty you can get your money back or even take the shop to court.i cant really see the judge keeping a straight face if you tried to drag SFC through the courts demanding that they win every week and they buy better players,can you?

i have no loyalty to any shop,sure there are places that i prefer to shop but they are not running through my blood like saints are.

people are free to make their own choices but it is funny how 15000 people have chosen not to attend because we are in the championship and not doing too well.

imo they are crap customers and bad supporters,i am not saying i am better than them i am saying that they need to up their game and think about the consequences of not supporting their team when they are needed the most.

Why can't you just accept that most fans now have a lower level of commitment.

To say that they are crap supporters is about as stupid a thing as anyone could say.

You are a dinosaur.

then i am a dinosaur.

i dont know wether or not you attend SMS,and i dont really care but judging by your username im guessing that you are about the same age as me,in which case you must of experienced the old 2nd div days and the constant struggle in the old first div and prem,admittedly we had a couple of decent seasons when we were not in a relegation battle or struggling to finish mid table but i along with thousands of others never gave up on the team and i suspect that you never did either.the 2nd div years hold some of my best memories as a saints fan.

i understand that football has changed in my 40+ years some of it for the better but a lot of it for the worse,nobody should be put off supporting their team(the one that they have probably supported all of their lives) because of who happens to be in charge or because we are skint and playing a lot of kids or even what division we are in,this to me is madness.

if supporting my team in times of trouble and scorning those who make excuses makes me a dinosaur then so be it.

damned if i am going to let lowe,wilde,no money or the championship spoil my enjoyment at watching the team i have supported for 40+ years.

then i am a dinosaur.

i dont know wether or not you attend SMS,and i dont really care but judging by your username im guessing that you are about the same age as me,in which case you must of experienced the old 2nd div days and the constant struggle in the old first div and prem,admittedly we had a couple of decent seasons when we were not in a relegation battle or struggling to finish mid table but i along with thousands of others never gave up on the team and i suspect that you never did either.the 2nd div years hold some of my best memories as a saints fan.

i understand that football has changed in my 40+ years some of it for the better but a lot of it for the worse,nobody should be put off supporting their team(the one that they have probably supported all of their lives) because of who happens to be in charge or because we are skint and playing a lot of kids or even what division we are in,this to me is madness.

if supporting my team in times of trouble and scorning those who make excuses makes me a dinosaur then so be it.

damned if i am going to let lowe,wilde,no money or the championship spoil my enjoyment at watching the team i have supported for 40+ years.

There is nothing wrong with you making the decisions to stick to your principles. Respect.

I do however, object to the way in which you and others like you sneer at the decisions and conclusions that other Saints fans have reached as to how to take their support forwards. It's plain arrogance.

Is it supporting the team that's important to you, or the piissing contest about who's the better fan FFS ?

There is nothing wrong with you making the decisions to stick to your principles. Respect.

I do however, object to the way in which you and others like you sneer at the decisions and conclusions that other Saints fans have reached as to how to take their support forwards. It's plain arrogance.

Is it supporting the team that's important to you, or the piissing contest about who's the better fan FFS ?

it is nothing to do with who is the better fan,in fact i couldnt give a rats arse who goes and who dont but the people who dont shouldnt come on here and spout sh1te about something they dont experience first hand.

i dont think i am superior to any other saints fan in the same way as i dont ever feel inferior.there are fans who do have genuine reasons not to go and if you are one of them then thats fine but whilst you are sitting there deciding how to take your 'support forwards' the club is going down the pan.

how many fans exactly are deciding how to take their support forward anyway? will they wait until the club is promoted again before deciding the time is right? or will they wait until the club is on its knees begging?........perhaps a good cup run will do the trick.

when exactly is the right time to decide to once again support your club? SFC is not a light switch you cannot decide when to support your team and when not to support them.

all of those fans who decide not to go to SMS need to think back to the reasons why they supported the team in the first place and put aside all their differences

it is nothing to do with who is the better fan,in fact i couldnt give a rats arse who goes and who dont but the people who dont shouldnt come on here and spout sh1te about something they dont experience first hand.

i dont think i am superior to any other saints fan in the same way as i dont ever feel inferior.there are fans who do have genuine reasons not to go and if you are one of them then thats fine but whilst you are sitting there deciding how to take your 'support forwards' the club is going down the pan.

how many fans exactly are deciding how to take their support forward anyway? will they wait until the club is promoted again before deciding the time is right? or will they wait until the club is on its knees begging?........perhaps a good cup run will do the trick.

when exactly is the right time to decide to once again support your club? SFC is not a light switch you cannot decide when to support your team and when not to support them.

all of those fans who decide not to go to SMS need to think back to the reasons why they supported the team in the first place and put aside all their differences

LWS, being that you go to every game, you shouldn't care what others do or don't do. Everyone has their own take on life and structure those lives in accordance. Some, like yourself, see no other way forward than to, in my opinion, doggedly continue to pay your money to people who have openly stated that you are a 'customer' and then when we got the larger stadium and larger crowds, more gate money and more Sky money, p**sed it up the wall and then arrogantly believe they can continue to treat it's supporters as customers.

You may see it as loyalty LWS, others see it as bending over and being taken by Lowe and Wilde in turn (metaphorically speaking). I'm sorry, but I've been mugged off by these two 'laughable' characters before, I'm certainly not going back for seconds. Just remember, every time a loyal fan stumps up another 20 odd quid, Lowe and Wide are laughing 'at you'! They know that it's people like you that will pay through the nose no matter what they dish up. I understand where you are coming from, but please don't take the higher ground with people that just won;t take the sh*t anymore that these two clowns deliver.

Out of interest LWS, let's say Lowe and Wilde get us back into the Premiership, the crowds return and we're looking strong, do you think we'll still sell our best players? Do you think we'll pay for a highly skilled individual, such as MLT, to ply their trade here? Or do you think we'll end up buying a squad full of journeymen and unknowns? And do you think the board will deserve those dividends and pay cheques? Me, I won't contribute a single penny whilst those to govern the coffers, don't trust them, never will, won't be back whilst they are there, and doubt if I'll ever be back because of this sorry season! And the saddest thing is, I doubt my kids will support Saints either, and I'm guessing therefore, neither will their kids and so on. Sad but true.