can i have some Dads right's ..please.

saint lard

It does seem as if, unusually these days, you have come out of it as the mum, really badly. You are the exception and not the rule - but at least you have your kids. Are you sure you can't go back to the judge to expain what disposing of the house is going to mean to you. I wouldn't give up the house you and your kids need to live in without a fight.

I'd like to wish you the best of luck too!

Thanks and to you to Saint Boggy.

Unfortuantly, the judge doesnt have a say in it. Because he is now bankrupt, it is the official receiver who carrys the weight now, and they will do whatever they can to release assets to pay debts, yes even if it means the children are left without a stable roof over their heads. Words dont begin to describe how I feel about.

As my solicitor and I kind of knew that he would be made bankrupt (failure to pay VAT and tax), we just had to get a court order on the split of the assets through first,which we achieved. The reason for this is that once the asset split has been agreed by the court then the Official Receiver cant change it, so if I had been given 60% then that would have been mine. Although as it was it was 50/50 anyway. Also forgot to say that he also got half of MY pension and I had to pay all court costs.

Words cant explain how angry I feel :smt076, but there is nothing I can do as it is out of my hands. I try to look on the bright side, that at least I do have my children, and no matter what I only have to look at the and realise how lucky I really am

poshie, i imagine you would have probably already thought of this, but is there any way that you could re-mortgage your house in order to pay off the debts owed to the receiver?

i realise that it would make it more of a struggle to make ends meet, but at least you would be in your own home, rather than paying extortionate amounts of money to rent somewhere......:smt102

Twenty - It was the judge who decided on the 50/50 split. So unless I want to pay even more money to appeal it, which because on the face of it, it was a 'fair outcome', I am likely to lose.

St B - looked into remortgaging and unfortuantly I would only raise enough to take on the existing mortgage, and that was abut 3 months ago before things went a bit oear shaped in the financial markets.

I wish there was an easy answer but .....