BTF a question

OldNick

BTF can you tell me what the cabinet office spends its moneyon.I ask that as I had a Policeman call on my business premises as a hoolie had done some damage, and he told me the Police budget nationwide is 5.7billion and that he had looked up for spending in similar amounts on the national bill and the Cabinet office spent the same!

Now that seems a lot of money to me, but perhaps you can explain as it is your field i would have thought.

Ta

Nick

I am not BTF but am replying anyway.

Firstly, I am not sure I understand your question as it is not clear. I think you are suggesting that the cabinet office spends £5.7bn and would like to know what on? Just as you have no evidence to back this figure (I'm not sure why BTF would have) I also have no data, but would like to suggest that the cabinet office do not spend this much money. Obviously having no evidence to back up my case makes it only as strong as your suggestion.

I am not BTF but am replying anyway.

Firstly, I am not sure I understand your question as it is not clear. I think you are suggesting that the cabinet office spends £5.7bn and would like to know what on? Just as you have no evidence to back this figure (I'm not sure why BTF would have) I also have no data, but would like to suggest that the cabinet office do not spend this much money. Obviously having no evidence to back up my case makes it only as strong as your suggestion.

I stated after speaking to a policeman he said thet he looked up an the governments accounts that the spend on the cabinet office was the same as we spend on the whole of our policeforce.If that is the case then it seems scandalous. Unless the cabinet office do a lot more than provide tea and doughnuts to civil servants and quangos to their mates.

If you are not worried that this may be a waste of taxpayers money then fine, but to me it seemed a massive amount.

I would happily point out I have no idea what the cabinet office do.

Sorry Nick - just got back from a fine Italian :D

I have no idea is the simple answer. I don't audit government spending, only local government and NHS contracts.

I'll see what I can find out. It should be in the Public Accounts committee reports, I would have thought.

I hope the fine Italian had a good time too!

Thanks, i am not looking to pick a fight but wondered as you are normally gened up on this type of thing and perhaps would be as surprised as me if this is the case.

I hope the fine Italian had a good time too!

Thanks, i am not looking to pick a fight but wondered as you are normally gened up on this type of thing and perhaps would be as surprised as me if this is the case.

Here are a couple of links for you:

http://www.cabinetoffice.gov.uk/~/media/assets/www.cabinetoffice.gov.uk/publications/reports/annualreport/2008/co_finances%20pdf.ashx

You'll see from this that Cabinet Office expenditure has, and is planned to, reduce.

The projected cost for the current financial year is £136m.

Suffolk Police alone cost £101m for the last financial year:

The Merseyside Police budget for 2006/07 was £324m.

http://www.merseysidepoliceauthority.gov.uk/assets/_files/documents/mar_08/mpa__1205834661_budget0708.pdf

I can't be ar*ed to look any further but hopefully this puts your mind at rest :)

Here are a couple of links for you:

http://www.cabinetoffice.gov.uk/~/media/assets/www.cabinetoffice.gov.uk/publications/reports/annualreport/2008/co_finances%20pdf.ashx

You'll see from this that Cabinet Office expenditure has, and is planned to, reduce.

The projected cost for the current financial year is £136m.

Suffolk Police alone cost £101m for the last financial year:

The Merseyside Police budget for 2006/07 was £324m.

http://www.merseysidepoliceauthority.gov.uk/assets/_files/documents/mar_08/mpa__1205834661_budget0708.pdf

I can't be ar*ed to look any further but hopefully this puts your mind at rest :)

Thanks BTF, Im gonna put the policeman right on that one