Saints trust?

rocknrollman no2

I dont know if the Saints trust is still going or not,but if they are,shouldnt they be doing something more positive,rather than watch the club die?

Protests,lobbying the board,asking for fans views?

I sometimes drink in the King Alfred and there were posters in there advertising the trust and inviting people to join,so i guess there is a trust of sorts,but what it does,or why its still trying to get members is anyones guess.

Surely the fans (those of us who are left),could do with a statement from the Trust,stating what their views about things are?

Their silence is deafening.

As the following link shows the ST is merely a mouthpiece for Nick Illingsworth.

http://www.clubfanzine.com/southampton/v2.showNews.php?id=15152

As the largest body of Saints supporters, it can be said that the Saints Trust has a membership with a broad range of opinions. It is, of course, true that those opinions vary from supporter to supporter; however, the one thing that all have in common is that they all want the best for Southampton Football Club. That, of course, can be also said for every man, woman and child that has followed the Club; however, perhaps another thing that they all have in common is that most Saints supporters haven’t quite grasped the severity of the situation that the Club finds itself in nor how vital the fans are in this situation.

It is with this in mind that the Saints Trust issues a heartfelt plea to everyone who considers themselves a supporter of Southampton Football Club. This is not condoning or condemning Rupert Lowe or indeed any Board member past or presen. The Trust represents its members' views and supports the Club not individuals; it wants to unite supporters not divide them into separate camps. At this moment in time, the Club finds itself in a position that doesn’t offer it much choice and, for this reason, we have to be united behind the Club not engaging in political infighting.

As supporters we have to put the past behind us; we must of course never forget it but, and it’s a big BUT, we cannot change the past, we can only change the future.

At the moment, that future doesn’t look too bright; attendances are slipping drastically at St Mary’s and the truth is that, whilst the average gate remains below the break even figure of 17,000, the club’s debt increases and, with every increase, it brings the inevitability that players will have to be sold in the January transfer window which, in turn, is a step closer to relegation.

So much for democracy eh? "we HAVE TO BE united behind the club" says Nick. That means united behind Lowe and Wilde as the club encompasses all elements - players, coaches, management, directors.

So Nick, and therefore the ST, does not represent the views of those oposed to Lowe and Wilde who want action.

Edited by Mole

The Saints Trust is dead as a Dodo. Even if they theoratically still exist and operate, they have proven to be completely ineffective. Their refusal to chose sides throughout the whole management upheaval, and their wishy washy statements, have rendered them completely neutered. No balls!

Shame really, I had high hopes.

The Saints Trust is dead as a Dodo. Even if they theoratically still exist and operate, they have proven to be completely ineffective. Their refusal to chose sides throughout the whole management upheaval, and their wishy washy statements, have rendered them completely neutered. No balls!

Shame really, I had high hopes.

Just a paper tiger and fast becoming the mouthpiece of Rupert Lowe. Any credability that they had left went with the statement we should as fans forget who is running the club.

Unfortunately while it still exists it can be used as a propaganda tool by SLH

Unfortunately while it still exists it can be used as a propaganda tool by SLH

Agreed.

The Saints Trust, with it's current attitude, will surely be Mike Wildes next target as part of his strategy of using fans.:rolleyes:

That said i sense a split between the all knowing Nick Illingsworth and a ST board member called robin Howard (i wonder if he posts here?). If you read the Saints Trusts articles it's almost as if it's pulling in different directions.

It just goes to show what lengths fans will go to get the power of a fan on the board.

I found it strange that a fan would put themselves on the committee of the Saints trust when a much better idea would have been to become the co-owner of a fans forum.

How many £5 subs make 30 pieces of silver?