Where are the Dutch ?

slickmick

I'm dissapointed that JP and Wotte have failed to bring some loan players in from Holland. When it was announced that these two would be managing us, my first reaction was that they would bring some cheap talented Dutch players with them. So far we have brought in crocked players like Gasmi and Pullis.

Surely with their contacts in Holland, there must be quality players that would be interested in joining us ? The odd Leroy Lita kind of player that can't get into the first team with their respective club but could do a job for us.

I understand they aren't to familiar with players that are available in this country, so whats stopping them having a few trialists over here ?

I'm dissapointed that JP and Wotte have failed to bring some loan players in from Holland. When it was announced that these two would be managing us, my first reaction was that they would bring some cheap talented Dutch players with them. So far we have brought in crocked players like Gasmi and Pullis.

Surely with their contacts in Holland, there must be quality players that would be interested in joining us ? The odd Leroy Lita kind of player that can't get into the first team with their respective club but could do a job for us.

I understand they aren't to familiar with players that are available in this country, so whats stopping them having a few trialists over here ?

Dutch players are very sought after, for their technical ability and

will to win. Doubt if any that would be worth having would want to come here

It could be that Jan is having real difficulty in adapting some of our players to the system he wants us to use. Wouldn't be the first, won't be the last.

Looks at those ***** at Spurs. Ramos is a good coach, couldn't do a thing with them, 'arry the barrow boy comes in,gives them 10 minutes of good old C***ney, f'ing and blinding and they win 2-0.

Dutch players are very sought after, for their technical ability and

will to win. Doubt if any that would be worth having would want to come here

It could be that Jan is having real difficulty in adapting some of our players to the system he wants us to use. Wouldn't be the first, won't be the last.

Looks at those ***** at Spurs. Ramos is a good coach, couldn't do a thing with them, 'arry the barrow boy comes in,gives them 10 minutes of good old C***ney, f'ing and blinding and they win 2-0.

I wonder if that was more a case of playing for the new manager than 'arry's wonderful tactics?

You know, like our guys always play well when a new manager comes in :rolleyes:

This is something I haven't understood either. There are pleyers in the Dutch league like for instance Bodde, Loovens and Hasselbaink that are dirt cheap and more then willing to come to the UK. What you have to do well when scouting Dutch players is look for the ones that could adapt to UK football. Players that do well in the Dutch league don't necessarily do well in the UK but it also means that players that do not do well in the Netherlands (like for instance Loovens or Hasselbaink) end up plaing Champions League. This is one of the reasons its a shame we didn't sign Knol last year. He is typically one of those players that would do better here then in the Netherlands.

Perhaps you have to question who is identifying and acquiring the players that have been brought in.

It would appear that quite a few have come in without Jan even seeing them play!!!!!

This is something I haven't understood either. There are pleyers in the Dutch league like for instance Bodde, Loovens and Hasselbaink that are dirt cheap and more then willing to come to the UK. What you have to do well when scouting Dutch players is look for the ones that could adapt to UK football. Players that do well in the Dutch league don't necessarily do well in the UK but it also means that players that do not do well in the Netherlands (like for instance Loovens or Hasselbaink) end up plaing Champions League. This is one of the reasons its a shame we didn't sign Knol last year. He is typically one of those players that would do better here then in the Netherlands.

If I remember correctly this is exactly what Jan said in an interview.