Idiots guide to administration in football?

NickG

Bloody 'ell - I didn't think my little snippet about what might be an interesting radio programme would start all this off again!

Calm down dears :)

To reiterate - there's a (potentially) interesting programme about football and Inland Revenue (sorry HMRC) on the radio tonight.

The blurb for the programme is quite interesting too:

http://newsvote.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/7721251.stm

I think you'll find "March Madness" will have ended, er, at the end of March.

Try this article then, or if you like go back even further and find the echo article it was in response to.

http://www.saintsfc.co.uk/news/?page_id=9894

Come to think of it were you part of SOS?

The SOS clique met Wilde and he told them he'd be returning, maybe the Echo article came about from a leak from this meeting.

Edited by Mole

Steve as you're so knowlegeable about the March Madness selling figures perhaps you could enlighten us at to the period within March Madness when sales are at their peak.

At the beginning of this period?

Or at the end of this period when Lowe's return was reported?

But this "feelgood factor" is such an intangible "asset" that you cannot rely on it as the basis for making a decision (i.e. Lowe in/out). There may well be an influx of "missing" fans, but to say I'm unconvinced is an understatement. In 2006, countless people on SaintsForever were claiming there were "thousands" of Saints fans staying away from St Mary's solely because of Lowe's presence. That summer, he left. The next season, despite making the play-off semi-final, our average attendance FELL by 1000 or so.

I don't think the "credit crunch" has accounted for 10000 fans either. I also don't think Rupert Lowe has accounted for 10000 fans.

People have to start accepting that there is no single reason why every supporter who is no longer attending games has chosen to stay away. Lowe is undoubtedly a factor in a number of peoples' decisions, but so is a lack of money for some, so is not wanting to watch Championship football anymore, so is being disillusioned with football as a whole, so is having other things to do on Saturday afternoons/Tuesday evenings, etc.

I agree .... no one WANTS to watch CCC Football ...... but we are in the CCC

Currently, the CCC is headed by Wolves Birmingham and Reading, and they are attracting Decent gates ..... BECAUSE THEY ARE WINNING

IF Saints were able to string a few wins together on the bounce, then OUR Gates would improve

Another factor in "non attendance " is sheer Apathy .... not many people I know can see any Good Times ahead as long as Lowe is involved with us

All Lowe brings is a " Feel Bad Factor " ..........

........ thank God he doesn't arrange Christmas ...........The Reindeers would be sold to Sainsbury's, and Santa would have to walk .............

if the results change Lowe would soon be relatively forgotten -not to many protests about him during WGS era.

The question is will they improve while he is here?

There is no doubt a fresh face will bring a bit of a feel good factor, but equally that would soon be forgotten if the results don't improve

Try this article then, or if you like go back even further and find the echo article it was in response to.

http://www.saintsfc.co.uk/news/?page_id=9894

Come to think of it were you part of SOS?

The SOS clique met Wilde and he told them he'd be returning, maybe the Echo article came about from a leak from this meeting.

From memory, he said no such thing.

Steve as you're so knowlegeable about the March Madness selling figures perhaps you could enlighten us at to the period within March Madness when sales are at their peak.

At the beginning of this period?

Or at the end of this period when Lowe's return was reported?

I don't know. Nor do I know the reason(s) why every single one of those 3000 people didn't renew, and nor does anybody, probably not even the ticket office. I merely highlighted what "could" have been a key factor in their decision given what was going on on the pitch at the time (which, for most people at least, is the most important part...).

Until someone polls every single one of them, these arguments will just go round and round in circles. You want to believe that Lowe is the single reason why every single Saints fan who is no longer attending has made that decision, fine. Just don't be surprised when attendances fail to recover when he leaves, just like two years ago.

From memory, he said no such thing.

I don't know. Nor do I know the reason(s) why every single one of those 3000 people didn't renew, and nor does anybody, probably not even the ticket office. I merely highlighted what "could" have been a key factor in their decision given what was going on on the pitch at the time (which, for most people at least, is the most important part...).

Until someone polls every single one of them, these arguments will just go round and round in circles. You want to believe that Lowe is the single reason why every single Saints fan who is no longer attending has made that decision, fine. Just don't be surprised when attendances fail to recover when he leaves, just like two years ago.

So you admit that that Saints fans did have a strong indication Lowe was returning before the March Madness offer had ended?

if the results change Lowe would soon be relatively forgotten -not to many protests about him during WGS era.

The question is will they improve while he is here?

There is no doubt a fresh face will bring a bit of a feel good factor, but equally that would soon be forgotten if the results don't improve

I don't thjink you can use the WGS era as a yardstick

For a start we had a Balanced Team, whereas now we have a Lowe imposed Youth Team ........ and are you seriously comparing WGS and JP as "like for like"

... " Lowe would soon be forgotten if results change " ...... we'll never know ...... I really cannot see any dramatic change in results, the die has been cast ... this is LOWE'S BABY, HIS Bloody minded doctrine

Many people ( myself included ) are against Lowe because he went against ALL advice, including much from respected Football People, who told him that a Total Football Youth Policy WOULD NOT WORK

It hasn't, and we are already seeing changes from the "Total Football" of early matches .......... Jan may have realised that the Young Team needs a backbone of EXPERIENCE ........... but we have been stripped of all such players

Jan may have realised that the Young Team needs a backbone of EXPERIENCE.

Jan may well realise this, but at the end of the day Jan is a dutch lower league manager with no prospects should he be sacked. Unlike many experienced managers Jan is unlikely to speak up. This is why Lowe brought him in in the first place.

Jan may well realise this, but at the end of the day Jan is a dutch lower league manager with no prospects should he be sacked. Unlike many experienced managers Jan is unlikely to speak up. This is why Lowe brought him in in the first place.

And THAT is why Lowe is disliked so much ....... "Customers" KNOW who really has hold of the reins ......... and that is why I think that attendances WOULD improve, ahead of results, if Lowe were no longer there.

I am sure that whoever replaced Lowe WOULD sanction a few "loans" of EXPERIENCED Pros, to stady the ship, and to GUIDE the Youngsters.

The Team we have at present DOES have potential, but they have been asked to do TOO MUCH, too soon, thanks to Lowe's Foolhardy doctrine.

Incidently, Dutch men are not normally YES men ..... it's out of character