New PC ..... What games can it handle?

Jeff Le Taxi

Hi, just bought a pc with the following specs

Brand new, newly built, base unit only.

All components are brand new

This is running a dual core Athlon 2 , 3.0Ghz. CPU giving 6.0 Mhz of power, perfect for multiple applications.

4Gb DDR3 Ram 1333Mhz installed with the capacity for 8 Gb on the ASROCK motherboard.

250GB SATA 2 HDD installed.

PCI-E 512 Mb 4650 ATI Graphics Card to run those latest games without relying on the CPU.

Samsung 22x +- R/W.

6 USB 2 (2 Front/4 Rear).

Currently running Windows 7 64Bit Ultimate

Not really much of a gamer so can anyone tell me if this is man enough to play the latest games? if not what level of games CAN it play and can anyone suggest any?

You'll probably ok running this years games at '720p' resolution (1366x720 ish), with a few of the more advanced visual settings set to "medium".

I'd suggest downloaded Steam and having a look round on there. Loads of people will suggest Skyrim and you'll be ok playing that I reckon.

What ASRock mobo is it Jeff? I ask because I built a new machine last year with a ASRock N68C-S UCC motherboard and it enabled me to unlock the remaining cores on my AMD Phenom 3.2GHz dual-core and turn it into a quad-core system and double my processing power, so if you have the same mobo you might want to look into doing the same.

The rest of the spec is similar to mine except I have a 5670 graphics card with 512MB DDR3 memory, and I have no problems whatsoever running the latest games. Got F1 2011 running with everything set to maximum and it runs like a dream.