Jan Poortvliet concerned about poor St Mary's record

St Marco

http://www.dailyecho.co.uk/sport/saints/news/3832610.Jan_looks_to_solve_Saints__home_jinx/

"The last half hour there is this passion and motivation and it is a different game.

“I ask myself ‘why not from the start?’ “I don’t think it has to do with anything other than the head"

Sorry but that sums up for me in a nutshell the guy in charge of our team. Someone who simply wont accept that a different tactic/formation could be the reason we played better in the last 30mins.

Im becoming more and more worried everytime i read his comments

In JP's defence - and I'm sort of playing Devil's Advocate here - you could say there can't be too many managers/coaches out there who, confronted with a bunch of kids and reserve players, could get us as far as we have, and at least be in constant touch with survival in the CCC. We have a terrible home record but a very respectable away points total.

And it's still hard to tell how many of the tactical decisions are JP's and how many are dictated by our glorious DoF - especially the rule of playing with a lone, goal-shy striker.

In JP's defence - and I'm sort of playing Devil's Advocate here - you could say there can't be too many managers/coaches out there who, confronted with a bunch of kids and reserve players, could get us as far as we have, and at least be in constant touch with survival in the CCC. We have a terrible home record but a very respectable away points total.

And it's still hard to tell how many of the tactical decisions are JP's and how many are dictated by our glorious DoF.

Indeed very true. But we have a really tough run in now. No game in this league is easy (except Doncaster) but we have played a lot of teams around us and had a mix bag of results. If it is true that Lowe is making him play a certain way then he should just come out and say so. I think the fans would have so much more respect for him if he was just honest about it, didn't look for excuses and in general just didn't try to think were stupid. Of course he won't do that because this is his golden chance and doing that = sacked.

It is hard not to feel sorry for Jan but he doesn't make it any easier on himself. He has basically said the same thing for like 17 games now. And we lost 9 of them with only 1 win at home.

Indeed very true. But we have a really tough run in now. No game in this league is easy (except Doncaster) but we have played a lot of teams around us and had a mix bag of results. If it is true that Lowe is making him play a certain way then he should just come out and say so. I think the fans would have so much more respect for him if he was just honest about it, didn't look for excuses and in general just didn't try to think were stupid. Of course he won't do that because this is his golden chance and doing that = sacked.

It is hard not to feel sorry for Jan but he doesn't make it any easier on himself. He has basically said the same thing for like 17 games now. And we lost 9 of them with only 1 win at home.

I dont see how Lowe is making him play a certain way TBH. His teams in the lower reaches of Holand have all been the same formation. Its what he believes in and its how he thinks the game should be played.

I am more worried that he didnt see Wooton playing hoofball as being the main reason the system didnt work on sat. The system didnt change too much when wooton went off, it just had different tactics which led to more opertunities.