Purchased DVD > laptop > Ipad 3

benjii

Now then, I understand it may be illegal to copy purchased dvds and so, personally, I would never do it.

But, out of interest, if someone wanted to get a purchased DVD on to their iPad and they also had a pc would there be a simple and novice-friendly way of doing it and, if so, what is it? Just wondering if it's technically possible, that's all...

i have a 'friend' that uses CuCuSoft DVD Ripper software to get their dvd's onto their hard drive.

Once you have done that, to make life really easy, and if you have your pc (or NAS) as a media server, then the 8Player app means you don't need to faff about importing your films into i-tunes. Can throw pretty much any file types at it / copy the files onto your ipad to watch when you're away from home.

Yeah, not difficult at all.

CuCusoft converts your dvd's into a file that you can save on your hard drive.

If you save the files in a folder on your laptop that you share with other devices on your home network, then the ipad can see it (when your laptop is on).

Open 8player on your ipad and you get a list of 'sources' i.e. the folder on your laptop. Select that and can see all your media files.

You can either play them on your ipad from the file on your laptop (means your laptop needs to be on and you need to be on your home network though) or just download them onto your ipad and watch them anytime / anywhere.

There are loads of other apps / converters out there which probably work just as well (maybe better) but this combo seems to be pretty simple (especially as it means you dont need to mess around with moving files in and out of itunes).