ipod passcode

tpbury

Hi, my ditzy daughter changed the passcode on her ipod touch and neeedless to say forgot what it was. From trawling the interweb, it looks pretty impossible to get the ipods data back, seeing as we hadn't synched it with a pc. The only option seems to be to 'restore' the device which means wiping the photos and stuff she had on there. BTW, couldn't find any threads on here about this.

Does anyone know of a way of getting this stuff back? There's a million similar questions on t'internet, but I thought I'd get a better response from a bunch of Saints fans! I figure that if it was evidence in a crime or something, a police teechnician would have it cracked in a few seconds, so any pointers would be greatly appreciated!

Was all the photo's and music videos etc that she had on the ipod did this come from her computer ?

Because if she did sync across then she should be then able to copy it across again after reseting the ipod I would of thought.

Itunes has a set folder that pictures, videos come from, apps will be in her purchase history so you cab get them back also.

Hope this helps, someone on here will be able to give probably a better insight in to your exact question though.

Thanks for replying - it was never synched, so whilst we should be able to get the itunes purchases, we cant get the photos - unless somone can tell me different?

She must've got the photos on there from a pc, as I thought ipods don't have a camera?

Thanks for your replies. For colehillsaint, iTunes doesn't like it when the ipod touch is locked, and yes it is a pretty good camera and video thing. I think we're going to lose all the photos she took, mindly most of them are stupid, teenage gurning in shops, so not the end of the world - but there are some photos and videos we'd like to save, but not going to be able to. Thanks for all your help!