Chris Perry

Bailey

he doesn't seem to be able to play two games a week so missed some matches recently for that reason. Also he was one of the players who caught the bug that was going round and he missed at least one game because of that. Lastly, Pearce scored on his debut so retained his place and kept Perry out.

IMHO when fit, Perry should be starting ahead of Lancashire. I know the kid needs games but we need results. He couldn't handle Adebola last week and I doubt he'll be able to contain Iwelumo tomorrow.

Fair point, but I'd argue that Perry would have the same problems trying to deal with Adebola's strength and power.

After all, Perry is hardly a big, physical CB.

IMHO when fit Perry should be starting ahead of Lancashire. I know the kid needs games but we need results. He couldn't handle Adebola last week and I doubt he'll be able to contain Iwelumo tomorrow.

Dead right. Perry's been the better defender (only defender in some cases) and made some crucial interceptions (last ditch) on many occasions and he should certainly start ahead of the inexperienced young uns like Lancashire. No contest! We've proved that defence is one area where you can't get away with too much inexperience!

Pearce lacks pace, Perry lacks pace, Wotton lacks pace, Lancashire lacks strength, Svensson lacks knees. Inevitably the manager will try combinations that best hide our players weaknesses.

I think its worth persisting with Lancashire as he will learn a great deal from the kind of mistakes he made against Adebola last week and hopefully blossom into a real talent.

Perry has not been all that great to be honest. Its just a case of players becoming better when they are out of the side. Having said that I'm happy to see either at the weekend. I'm more concerned about centre midfield.

Edited by Chez

IMHO when fit Perry should be starting ahead of Lancashire. I know the kid needs games but we need results. He couldn't handle Adebola last week and I doubt he'll be able to contain Iwelumo tomorrow.

I'd tend to agree with that.

Whilst Perry is hardly a brick out house, he can read the game well. If he leaves the physical stuff to Pearce, he should be fairly good at mopping up and intercepting through balls.