The wealth of Wilde, Lowe and Crouch

Mole

Michael Wildes shareholding makes him the largest shareholder in Southampton Leisure Holding and therefore he should imo be taking the lead with a philanthopical donation to the club. If Mr Wildes other business interests are buoyant one would expect him to be in a position to match a donation from Leon Crouch for example. Does anyone know if Michael Wilde is richer now than when he took over and therefore in a position to make a substantial cash injection? If Wilde did this, Leon matched it and Rupert and Andrew gave something back it could make all the difference during the January transfer window.

Q: I would like to know where the £2m you promised to invest into the club is?

Stuart Chadler

A: It is correct that in early 2006 I discussed with the Board the possibility of making an interest free loan to Southampton Leisure Holdings PLC.

This loan was offered subject to two conditions.

Firstly, that in the event of a subsequent Rights Issue this money would become repayable making it available for the purchase of new shares in the Company, and secondly, that the funds should be ring fenced and used only for squad strengthening in the event of the Club failing to secure promotion to the Premiership at the end of the 2006/7 season.

Certain members of the Board rejected these conditions and shortly afterwards I resigned my position as Chairman of Southampton Football Club and as a Director of Southampton Leisure Holdings PLC.

Despite this loan offer, my position has always been that we need to find a comprehensive funding solution that guarantees the club’s long-term stability and security.

Unfortunately, I believe that the piecemeal investment of the kind proposed at that time, would not in any way have helped the club to achieve this objective.

Michael Wilde.

Surely now that Lowe is chairman of the PLC and Wilde is chairman of the football board "certain board members" wouldn't reject Wildes generous offer now...

Boring....These people have no intention of giving the club money, besides why would the bank allow them to loan money that is only to be spent on players when we owe them millions? any cash injection will disapear into the repayments unless it's massive.

Michael Wildes shareholding makes him the largest shareholder in Southampton Leisure Holding and therefore he should imo be taking the lead with a philanthopical donation to the club. If Mr Wildes other business interests are buoyant one would expect him to be in a position to match a donation from Leon Crouch for example. Does anyone know if Michael Wilde is richer now than when he took over and therefore in a position to make a substantial cash injection? If Wilde did this, Leon matched it and Rupert and Andrew gave something back it could make all the difference during the January transfer window.

BAD Business sense in Lowe's opinion ......... WHY BOTHER ?????

Lowe will get ALL the money he needs in January, from the Sale of the best of what we have .........

... THEN .... back to Jan, to try to put another semblance of a Team together

Mind you, Stanley, that WAS funny ........ "if Rupert gave something back " ...... hilarious my friend ......... worthy of ANY Pantomime

BAD Business sense in Lowe's opinion ......... WHY BOTHER ?????

Lowe will get ALL the money he needs in January, from the Sale of the best of what we have .........

... THEN .... back to Jan, to try to put another semblance of a Team together

Mind you, Stanley, that WAS funny ........ "if Rupert gave something back " ...... hilarious my friend ......... worthy of ANY Pantomime

And what do you think he will do with this money?