Saints Greatest ever XI

Edmonton Saint

To try and take away our minds from things, I thought I would organise something so we could all have our say and vote for Southamptons greatest ever team. Week by week we will vote for a different position until we have what the Saints Forever Greatest ever team, For ease of voting the team will be a standard 4-4-2 and cut off for voting is 7.00PM every Sunday.

Players can only be included once so whether Le Tissier is included as a midfielder or Striker is open to debate(or whether he is even included at all)

I will collect the results each week and we can watch our team take shape. 1 Vote per member only please..

So to start things off, This week for we are voting for Saints greatest ever Goalkeeper.

Who gets your vote?

Good idea!

Just too young to have seen Shilton but can't imagine he could possibly have been better than Niemi.

I think Niemi is probably the second best player I've ever seen at Saints.

p.s. I vote for Antii Niemi.

Tim Flowers was probably better than Niemi, who had mostly good days but some bad days. Saint's No 1 ? Shilton,no question or discussion necessary. If you didn't see him, well that's tough titty but Niemi is a second class pup in comparison.

Peter Shilton was ****ing awesome while here, Tim Flowers was the first one that we brought in from the youth/reserve team (after we signed him from wolves) so he really learnt his trade here, grew as a keeper and never let us down. Antti was good when we brought him, was ****ing amazingly awesome when he was here.

Answer really depends on which decade you started watching Saints and who you saw the most, i would hate to pick so sitting on the fence getting splinters in my arse thank you very much