SKY decoder box faulty.

Saint in Paradise

A friend of ours ( he lives in a foreign country situated on the boarder with England ) has

a fault in his decoder. He tells me that SKY won't repair it for free he has to pay cash or

has to be covered by a maintenance contract with some insurance company. IS this really

true only over here in NZ SKY don't charge unless you have done something extremely stupid.

Guest Dark Sotonic Mills

In the UK you own your SKY equipment once they have installed it, and once out of Warranty - tough. Tell him to get one from eBay and when done, phone SKY to have the card registered to the new box.

In the UK you own your SKY equipment once they have installed it, and once out of Warranty - tough. Tell him to get one from eBay and when done, phone SKY to have the card registered to the new box.

I have had a Sky box for more than a few years and when it started acting up just recently Sky changed it 'free' of charge for a 'Sky plus' box.

I still have the old Sky box. Obviously Sky cant be bothered to repair it.

But there was a rub to this story as the ability to receive the sky plus signal required an upgrade in the monthlies to , currently, £62 though that is pretty much all in though no ESPN or the 'wonderful', musings of Sir Alex, thanks be to God.