After market car warranties

spyinthesky

• 3 months later...

I got a Renault from a main dealer (second owner) and unbeknown to me until after the deal was done, a 1 year warranty from WarrantyDirect was included in the price. It was a lifesaver in the end as despite the car only having done 11k miles when I bought it the gear box went after 2 months. Would have cost me over a grand without the warranty. It was fixed for free within a week. I dont have that car anymore and I dont have a warranty for my current car. Just one of those things, when you need it and you've got it, its a god send.

In my experience, WarrantyDirect were brilliant. Immediately identified the fault was covered by the warranty and it is was repaired at no cost to me within days.

I bought a second hand car last year for work. The salesman persuaded me to get a warranty from Customer Protect for £300 saying that if something like a turbo went they would pay for it.

6 months later the turbo started making a screeching noise and my garage said the turbo was on the way out. The warranty company refused to pay up saying it was normal wear and tear. If it had actually failed fully they would have paid up! I was very P1ssed off!

The garage I use say they do a lot of work for RAC warranty and they seem to be one of the best.