I notice a distinct lack of anti Lowe threads

Mole

A poster always good with words of wisdom....similar to my old proff...Your not The Professor on here by chance?

But your probably right we need some of your medicine to help us all from this slow painful death..

As someone described Chris Newman...probably not Saints FC anymore..

Very much LoweASkham Football Club.....Well for me Professor or medical man your small doses of medicine will not change me, as I can clearly see the problem, like most other fans but struggle to find the energy to shout anymore. Then again like the agency/Lowey plants on here the whole remit of their presence on this forum is to slowly shut us up and let your LoweAskham football club continue its own sweet way.

All my own little opinion based on what you appear to require of me...or do you require evidence? No offence fowllyd it is the way you put your request everytime..

Edited by ottery st mary
spelling

Personally, I'm starting to feel like Wimbledon fans must have done following the move to MK.The Club does not feel like the Club I watched for many years. The Club is disunited, and appears to have lost it's soul.

I feel like a "customer" rather than a part of the fabric of the Club as I did before. Something has been lost upon the way, and I hope and prey that it can be recovered.

It is now Southampton PLC, rather than Southampton Football Club............

One of the great myths about Lowe is that he’s ‘decisive’. He isn’t. He has a history of dithering.

One of the most recent examples of that was the decision, such as it was, to let Pearson go and bring in the Dutch. Both pro- and anti-Lowes seem to accept as axiomatic that Lowe had it in mind all along to bring JP and Wotte in, and that Pearson’s days were numbered the minute Wilde became a human carpet for Lowe to walk over.

But that just wasn’t the case. The indecision about who was to manage – or ‘coach’ – the club went on for weeks. Pearson had several meetings with His Lordship, and was even under the impression he’d got the gig.

I don’t know this, of course, but I would expect that part of Pearson’s pitch to Lowe was that in his short time at the club, he’d changed the way the football side was managed. He’d integrated the coaching and improved the communication between the first team, the reserves and the Under-18s. Lowe clearly liked the idea, because he presented changes Pearson had already made as his own ‘revolution’.

So what the hell happened? If, as seems to be common knowledge, Lowe had it in mind to bring in the Dutch duo all along, why the agonising and damaging delay? And why the need to dress up Pearson’s removal with some nonsense about his salary being x times greater than the combined incomes of Wotte and JP. And then why the farce about hiring a coach who, it turned out, was already under contract? After that, the claim that JP would buy himself out? Etc, etc. It all smacks of desperation and indecision.

The on-off sale of Rudi appears at least from the outside to be a tale of Lowe thinking he’s good at brinkmanship and losing. He needed to get Rudi off the books, by some accounts because there was a whacking great stage payment due to Hearts coming up. But with Rudi ready to go and Ipswich ready to sign him, there had to be one last catch...

The loan out of all three experienced strikers, as opposed to one or two, and bringing in (at SOME cost!) a group of second-string players like Peckart, Forecast, Pulis, Gasmi, Smith, Wotton and Robertson, all tells me at least that here is a man without a plan. Not to mention the failure to bring in solid journeyman full backs.

Going back over the years, the decision, not to appoint Hoddle due supposedly to fan power, the baffling decisions with regard to Luggy, Wigley, Gray, the sheer panic implied by the appointment of Redknapp – a manager whose whole philosophy was completely at odds with Lowe – all point to the same conclusion: Lowe can’t see the wood for the trees, and resorts to a shoot-and-hope form of non-decision-making.

At a time when we need real leadership, with flair and imagination, we’re stuck with someone who represents, to me at least, the exact opposite of those qualities.

Apathy.

That is now the problem, we all had our opinions about how to get rid of the 3 amigos and it never actually got past each of us ramming our own ideas down everyone elses' throat.

So we never worked out our own plan (something SB sort of alludes to) and all sat behind our mighty keyboards demanding something must be done.

Well, guess what - when demanding something must be done it is always wise to have either a plan or somebody to actually do the work for you....

I have no issue with people not able to get to games because of work issues, distances, finances. I also have no issue with people not wanting to go to games because they do not think they are getting entertainment (but then in so many years of propping up the PL, have we ever really had that much quality football instead of last minute stands?). I also do not have any issue with the ability of people TO CHOOSE not to go to games because of the politics/people at the club at the moment.

BUT I AM GETTING DAMNED FED UP WITH THEM RAMMING THEIR POINTS DOWN MY THROAT!

People - I get it ok? I got it the first time round. I don't agree with you but you are entitled to your choice. But STOP with the self-righteous explanations.

I have a problem with people who use the fact that they are unhappy with the regime to get publicity in this way, or even to post in some new age ITK way how clever they are to believe losing last week would lead to a change in the Boardroom.

Chris is entitled to his opinion, but t should not be in the Echo, it is not NEWS, it is the word of a senior fan. Why him? Why the publicity? Using the club's plight to get his name and photo in the paper? Does he have a secret PR agenda. - Sorry I KNOW that is being *****y, but he is taking a political stand based on his principles - good man. Bragging in the Echo about it - bad.

IMHO this being "political" the Echo is out of order NOT giving the immediate right of reply to one (or is it THE one) fan who has not missed any games this year. (No I don't mean a luvvie, I mean a fan who watches the TEAM).

Yes Chris I think that the one thing the fans now agree on is that we ALL want the regime gone, but as a senior "supporter" you are also a role model (in the way I attacked LS last week). Your actions and calls for boycotts or wishing for us to lose are read by many others and give them the chance to take up that mantra.

In some ways, would Chris have had such coverage for his opinion on who he would vote for in the coming election? No of course not, but again, the Echo is quite happy to print "bad news" it sells more ad space!

He is right to not want to go, the Echo are wrong to give him the space to "self publicise what is, at the end of the day, a personal decision. Whatever next? Interviews in the Echo with people who decide not to attend the cinema? Who boycott Waitrose in favour of Lidl's?

Roman

Like many of your roads around the countryside.

Long but straight, objective/destination, well constructed with good material.

Unlike our current leader, the roads and your posts will be remembered forever more.

At least by me if no one else. The film remake of 'The Lavender Hill Mob and The Southampton Job' still on the drawing board, I hope? Material is being submitted by some of the characters every day...especially on Saturday Afternoons...Having said that...I look for a miracle from us to-day and hope we somehow sneek a 3-1 win. The fans need their spirits lifted if nothing else.

But I would still hope that Lowey takes one of those straight long Roads out of Southampton soon. The Avenue travelling North and never to return would be my wish.

A poster always good with words of wisdom....similar to my old proff...Your not The Professor on here by chance?

But your probably right we need some of your medicine to help us all from this slow painful death..

As someone described Chris Newman...probably not Saints FC anymore..

Very much LoweASkham Football Club.....Well for me Professor or medical man your small doses of medicine will not change me, as I can clearly see the problem, like most other fans but struggle to find the energy to shout anymore. Then again like the agency/Lowey plants on here the whole remit of their presence on this forum is to slowly shut us up and let your LoweAskham football club continue its own sweet way.

All my own little opinion based on what you appear to require of me...or do you require evidence? No offence fowllyd it is the way you put your request everytime..

I'm sorry, but if that's aimed at me (and I assume it is for pretty obvious reasons) then you've lost me totally.

I hope that you are right, however it maybe far far worse than that. To set this in context, with internal surveys of employees there is an end phase in employee morale which comes after the anger phase. It is the point where participation dramatically falls and the people are in a state of immobile catalepsy. They just do not care anymore. Death for that company is usually the next step.

The bad sign for us is the dramatic fall of about 50% in the non-ST Saints supporters since last season. When most people cease to care the organisation dies.

Lowe and Wilde may not understand this. Their business experience is not founded on the need to nurture and bring large groups of people (staff and customers) with them to win in the market place.

Spot on.