BMW330i

Miltonroader07

My last one had 190k (530d) on the clock when it was written off in an accident. Never once put oil in it between services. Was fully expecting to get another 100,000 miles out of it before changing it. One before was a petrol. I part exchanged it with 180k on the clock.

If it was me I would go for the diesel engine, very reliable, very fast and better economy.

The key thing with BMW's is to have a full BMW service history. Dont touch one without it.

Thinking of selling my 3 series 118i for some Power. I know that BMW engines go on for ever but what is the max miles you would sensibly buy please. Want an olde 3 series

Thats what everyone thinks, but it isnt the case. I ran a 523 for 7 years, it had 130k on the clock when I bought it and 268k when it died. The thing ran like a dream while it was working, but the head gasket started slowly killing it until it eventually gave up the ghost. In the meantime, you will be stuck with enormous monthly repair bills while it makes up its mind and you do the decent thing by finally driving/towing it to silverlake and putting it out of your misery. That car cost me more in repairs than every other car I've owned, combined.

Thats what everyone thinks, but it isnt the case. I ran a 523 for 7 years, it had 130k on the clock when I bought it and 268k when it died. The thing ran like a dream while it was working, but the head gasket started slowly killing it until it eventually gave up the ghost. In the meantime, you will be stuck with enormous monthly repair bills while it makes up its mind and you do the decent thing by finally driving/towing it to silverlake and putting it out of your misery. That car cost me more in repairs than every other car I've owned, combined.

How much did it have on the clock when it started playing up?

How much did it have on the clock when it started playing up?

About 200k. I lost the plot to be honest, should have scrapped it right then, but the car was so great to drive that I kept putting it off. Cost me around 9 0r 10k in repair bills. Textbook case of pure idiocy, hands up to that.