Recovering data from a hard drive

Marsdinho

Hi,

This is a little bit embarrassing, as I work in IT....

However, I have 2 HDD's that were being used in a Netgear NAS drive. I moved home and so the NAS drive was switched off for a couple of months, have turned it back on again and the NAS cant "see" the two drives.

I then took the drives to work and connected them on my work laptop via a caddie, and although they are listed in Computer Management, I cant seem to access the files contained on it.

In computer management, the drives are listed as "Healthy (unknown partition)", but I that's about it.

Its nothing to do with drive lettering, and I've tried to access the files via 2 different PC's a laptop and a MAC.

I could really do with accessing the data on it as it holds my entire music collection, which has taken me about 20 years to build up.

Can anyone either offer advice on how I cant fix the problem myself, or alternatively, I remember someone on here offering to recover some data from a USB stick that someone had for a small fee.

Many thanks in advance.

Yep, I was greedy and wanted to combine the 2 500GB drives to have 1TB of storage.

I did have another back up of it somewhere, but I needed some extra space for another project I was working on and decided to delete it about a month before moving out.

I'm starting to think its the NAS, as I've just tried a completely brand new HDD in it, and it cant see that either.

and guess what, its at end of life, so no support provided from Netgear.

Yep, I was greedy and wanted to combine the 2 500GB drives to have 1TB of storage.

I did have another back up of it somewhere, but I needed some extra space for another project I was working on and decided to delete it about a month before moving out.

I'm starting to think its the NAS, as I've just tried a completely brand new HDD in it, and it cant see that either.

and guess what, its at end of life, so no support provided from Netgear.

Best bet might be to try and borrow an identical NAS to at least get the data off?