JP wasn't an unknown....

Saint Charlie

Jan has basically achieved the same as Pearson with about half the wage bill and pretty much none of the "established" players that NP had to pick from!

Well basically he hasn't.

As I pointed out his points per game ratio is lower (something like 20% lower than Pearsons).

If he had been here from the start of last season or even for the same length of time as Pearson and managed that rate, then we would have been relegated.

It's not beyond the realms of possibilities that Jan can emulate Pearsons rate, and even then I wasn't one of those dancing on the pitch as I didn't think avoiding relegation was much to celebrate (relieved, yes, celebrating, no).

As to who had the hardest job, then it's all about personal opinion.

One inherited a demotivated squad on the slide, albeit a squad with some under performing talent, the other had to restructure and had fewer "star" players to use, but had all the pre season period to rebuild and develop a style of play. We'll never agree on who had the hardest task!!!!

Well basically he hasn't.

As I pointed out his points per game ratio is lower (something like 20% lower than Pearsons).

If he had been here from the start of last season or even for the same length of time as Pearson and managed that rate, then we would have been relegated.

It's not beyond the realms of possibilities that Jan can emulate Pearsons rate, and even then I wasn't one of those dancing on the pitch as I didn't think avoiding relegation was much to celebrate (relieved, yes, celebrating, no).

As to who had the hardest job, then it's all about personal opinion.

One inherited a demotivated squad on the slide, albeit a squad with some under performing talent, the other had to restructure and had fewer "star" players to use, but had all the pre season period to rebuild and develop a style of play. We'll never agree on who had the hardest task!!!!

agree with all of that, for what its worth my opinion is that NP was just what we needed at that stage -a arse kicker - but the players had been playing well not that long before, whereas JP is using mainly players who have never performed at this level, or certainly not as well e.g. Lallana, Gillett, Scneiderlin, James etc