Nice report in the Guardian

itchen

Odd that BWP is now one of the senior players.

And interesting that the press is beginning to pick up on the sheer quality of our midfield trio of Lallana, Schneiderlin and Surman. Rupes should gain some kudos from even his strongest critics if he manages to hold on to them and gives JP the means to build the team around them.

Rupes should gain some kudos from even his strongest critics if he manages to hold on to them and gives JP the means to build the team around them.

Therein lies the problem Roman, holding on to them. Indeed, praise SHOULD be given for the investmnet in the academy and the development of talent, and I for one always felt this was agreat investmnet, but now we are so deep in the mire financially, holding on to them may not be through choice.

But we will not hold on to them. From JP's comments in this article combined with RP's comments on the £4.8m loss it is clear that, not only are we being softened for the blow, but that other clubs are being alerted to who is worth taking a look at, and who is for sale.

JP is, after all, just his master's voice.

Therein lies the problem Roman' date=' holding on to them. Indeed, praise SHOULD be given for the investmnet in the academy and the development of talent, and I for one always felt this was agreat investmnet, but now we are so deep in the mire financially, holding on to them may not be through choice.[/quote']

I think we need to consider what would be in the interests of the bank when thinking of cashing in on these players. Let them go half a season into their first team career's and not get much, plus risk the "product" being relegated or hang on until the end of the season, ensuring we remain a Championship side and cash in then for a few quid more.