Poster reputation rating

Spudders

Can we have functionality to rate users either up or down. Each member can only vote on each other member once, but can change their rating at any time if they wish. If a user member’s rep rating goes below a certain amount they are banned or banished to a sub forum for eternity, or until a time when they decide they can be less annoying.

Can we have functionality to rate users either up or down. Each member can only vote on each other member once, but can change their rating at any time if they wish. If a user member’s rep rating goes below a certain amount they are banned or banished to a sub forum for eternity, or until a time when they decide they can be less annoying.

I think something like this is worth doing, and perhaps do this by being able to flag individual posts which contain trolling/petty insults etc. and provide nothing constructive to the debate. Then when a user's posts get flagged a certain number of times from different people they get repercussions, or there may even be a way where a mod is alerted and get a quick link where they can see the recent posts made by that user and quickly decide if it's worth taking action.

There are a number of posters on here (CB Fry and Roger are two examples but their not the only ones by any means) who have recently been the epitome of why this board has gone downhill in recent years. Back in the day they actually contributed constructive debate to this forum and helped make threads interesting, where now pretty much every thread I view that either of them have posted in they've resorted to patronising and/or name-calling anyone who disagrees with them. Threads then quickly descend into slanging matches and the original topic gets lost. Further aggravated where people type swear words in a certain way to get round the swear filter as if this emphasises their point, it just becomes ridiculously pathetic.

Sure you can put people on your "ignore list" but when entire threads get hijacked this becomes completely void, because the vast majority of people won't have them on ignore, and there's always someone who will try and argue with them. I do sympathise with the mods and have seen occasions where they have warned someone about the manner in which their posting but can every post in every thread be covered by the mods?

I think this could be useful tool for the mods.

Yeah I've seen poster reputation work well on other forums. In my OP I suggested each user only being able to rate each other user once in the case of positive or negative options (to stop people clicking on someone 1000 times to fix stats) , but on a different forum I used to go on, there was buying & selling of products and if someone sold you something and it was as described you'd give them positive feedback, they'd give you feedback as a buyer too, so you could give people several ratings, if you had several trasactions with them (although I'm not sure how that's work on here as there's not buying/seling.

Tokyo, Jack, Smirks, if this ever gets live (let's face it it's not likely as I don't think Steve or Baj check the site suggestions any more), but if it does, you've already earnt yourself a positive rep from me for taking the time to comment on here! :)

I dunno bout the banning bit but i would like to give people reputations! I would give tokyos reputations, and I would give smirking reputations. I liked smirkings post just now bout how he wouldn't read 4 paragraphs in site suggestions! I would also take pity on people who wasn't getting reputations, and i would give them reputations.

If you were going to do this, I'd suggest that people rate posts as well.

I do share Andy's concern. Think a lot of good posters would be buried by the idiotic mob, but at the same time, there REALLY can't be that many of them. They are called the vocal minority for a reason.

Perhaps if your own rating affected the weight of your vote the ganging up thing could be mitigated

I really wouldn't use it to be mean to anyone! I just want to see a little thing next to my name saying how many reputations I've got. It would give me a feeling of self-worth!

I get ya, Bearsy. There is no feedback unless someone can be arsed to post about it. You are quite lucky. People come on here and say you are funny and whatnot.

Me? All I have for my trouble is a new nickname, and I've only just accepted the one I got when I was 7.

not a good idea as people would use and abuse it

i would be ok as i am popular and everyone likes me - others however would get bullied imho

Dunno. I've been on this site 6 years and it's only really been in the last 2 years I've been able to attach much of a personality to anyone. Are people that arsed?

Remember that us posters represent a subsection of the site's users.

Dunno. I've been on this site 6 years and it's only really been in the last 2 years I've been able to attach much of a personality to anyone. Are people that arsed?

Remember that us posters represent a subsection of the site's users.

given the oppurtunity 99% of posters on here would give me a positive rating as I am known for being funny and ITK

others are not so popular and would quickly be given bad ratings.

You Pap would be somewhere in the middle - some like you, some dont

given the oppurtunity 99% of posters on here would give me a positive rating as I am known for being funny and ITK

others are not so popular and would quickly be given bad ratings.

You Pap would be somewhere in the middle - some like you, some dont

Exactly as it should be. I'm very Marmite in real life, believe it or not.

i can believe that - for the record i like you. I just know some dont

Blimey. Do you all get together and compare notes? Or have people just sent snidey PMs after some trademark pap pwnage? :)

Nah, get it all the time. It is an unfortunate consequence of saying whatever is on your bonce. Fortunately, I had a very "tasty" mate at school, who basically prevented me from getting killed in my less mellow years ;)

Blimey. Do you all get together and compare notes? Or have people just sent snidey PMs after some trademark pap pwnage? :)

Nah, get it all the time. It is an unfortunate consequence of saying whatever is on your bonce. Fortunately, I had a very "tasty" mate at school, who basically prevented me from getting killed in my less mellow years ;)

had a few PMs yes

Bear, going to give it a miss. I've asked him to join this forum loads of times. He always refuses, either because he hates you all or is secretly on here and winding people up. Neither would surprise me.

Glasgow - do you fancy an official position as my complaints service? :)

Bear, going to give it a miss. I've asked him to join this forum loads of times. He always refuses, either because he hates you all or is secretly on here and winding people up. Neither would surprise me.

Glasgow - do you fancy an official position as my complaints service? :)

What would be involved? I am busy unofficially moderating the main boards on SWF and listening to last wednesdays five live

What would be involved? I am busy unofficially moderating the main boards on SWF and listening to last wednesdays five live

First off, absolutely no money - but some kind of quarterly digest might be nice. You can include what you feel are the best complaints, on any category you care to meet. Names don't have to attributed. In classic conspiracy style, everyone can be called Mr X.

First off, absolutely no money - but some kind of quarterly digest might be nice. You can include what you feel are the best complaints, on any category you care to meet. Names don't have to attributed. In classic conspiracy style, everyone can be called Mr X.

This is good....... Keep this up and your reputation will rocket.

This is good....... Keep this up and your reputation will rocket.

Pointless though really.

See I'll read another thread, and see something I just can't let go, and you'll get more PMs! :)

All good for the digest though!