Virgin broadband in Southampton

Minty

I'm in Hedge End getting 30 meg and don't seem to have any problems running the PS3, torrenting, running 2 phones and a laptop at the same time via the Superhub, mussssssn't grumble, though about once every 3 months it seems to have a funny turn and the service either disappears for a while or keeps dropping for a couple of hours, pretty good overall though.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, after my previous problems, it seems the Construction team have not bothered even getting back to Virgin's main customer service team and I need a connection, so I've cancelled completely, and am now signing up with BT just to get a phone line and working broadband in place... they'll do for 12/18 months by which time I'll probably get a fibre connection when Shirley exchange is enabled.

When it works well, it works well. But when it plays up, it can play up for weeks and weeks and you can forget getting any support.

I did used to have BE, but could only get a max of 7mb (I go to the Shirley exchange as well) - so until Fibre is here, I've had to move back to Virgin to give me my speed fix!

They've recently upgraded my connection to 130Mb down, 15mb up. £34 p/m which I think is pretty reasonable tbh. And it has improved a lot since then, so I think it's safe to assume that a few problems I've had in the last few weeks have been down to the area upgrades.

Another note - use the Supurhub as a modem only. Ditch the router/wifi side of it as it's next to useless. I've got my ''superhub'' in bridged mode, and it goes through my own personal wifi/router and all works ok.

2488967561.png

Same here Clarkie. I use the superdud in router mode only and run everything through my Netgear Dual Band wifi gigabit setup. I'm on 60mb, but got a just over a 1000kbs on a download the other day, compared to 68kbs i got with Talksh=ittalk. :) Edited by SOTONS EAST SIDE