Ticket Office Hotline problems

stevegrant

Apparently the 0800 number isn't directing calls to the outsourced call centre, so they've released a direct dial number:

01271 335708

There are more than 20 operators (and a queue facility) there, so if you've tried to get through this morning but failed, give that number a go.

I got through on that number at about 9.10am, after wasting time on the 0800 system. No problem, straight through. Very helpful. All done.

One of my colleagues tried just now and got a very unhelpful person saying that this was an admin number, not a booking line, but did eventually grudgingly help.

it seems that this 0800 number problem is because it is out sourced. Call me old fashioned but outsourcing never helped anything work better, only cheaper. And cheap is not always better.

As far as I'm aware, SFC only ever outsource the ticket hotline when they are expecting large volumes of calls. They only have a handful of people working in the ticket office at SMS, so if hundreds are trying to call in to get ManYoo tickets, it's going to be a veeeeeery long queue, so at busy periods, the 0800 number tries the ticket office and if that's busy it reroutes to the outsourced call centre queueing system. Or at least I think that's the idea, anyway! :lol: