Sky Magic Eye problems

Batman

anyone help

as unable to have sky multiroom, have instead jacked up RF cables from the back of my sky box and back into the RF aerial point in the lounge, which feeds the other aerial points in the house. We are getting the sky picture fine on the telly in the bedroom via the aerial point there but no magic eye functionality.

have turned on the RF2 power out put and getting the red LED on the magic eye when connected in the lounge but not when coming out of the aerial points in the rest of the house.

it seems the sky box is sending out the voltage required but it is being lost in the built in wiring in the house

short of getting it all re wired, anyone have any ideas/quick fixes?

the only relatively cheap idea I can see is getting a DC1 in-line DC inserter. any ideas if that would help?

Edited by Batman

Gave up using magic eyes ages ago with similar problems just before rewiring house out of frustration.

Now I use my iPhone to do the same job via apps, assuming your sky box is connected to your router/hub and you've a smart phone on the same hubs wifi then this has definitely been the way to go.

Only ever done this with an iPhone but assume apps available on other smart phones to do the job, it's worked for me on both Sky and Virgin media and takes away the need for the magic eye which was always temperamental for me at best... Well worth investigating..

Gave up using magic eyes ages ago with similar problems just before rewiring house out of frustration.

Now I use my iPhone to do the same job via apps, assuming your sky box is connected to your router/hub and you've a smart phone on the same hubs wifi then this has definitely been the way to go.

Only ever done this with an iPhone but assume apps available on other smart phones to do the job, it's worked for me on both Sky and Virgin media and takes away the need for the magic eye which was always temperamental for me at best... Well worth investigating..

you mean, use sky go?

as yes, the sky box is connected to the BT infinity box (via ethernet) so got loads of bandwidth