4k TV

Barry Sanchez

Aye, basically the same problem as we had when we first moved to HD. These days, most channels have an HD derivative and the vast majority of content is produced in the format. Back in the day, there were only a couple. If you're not throwing 4K pixels at the screen, you're not getting the full benefit of the telly.

I have to wonder what sort of size screen you'll need to see the benefit. Gotta say; this cycle was quick. My Blu Ray collection is miniscule compared to the DVDs I got.

How do you feed these beasts? I was in Currry's this evening and saw the Sony display and it looked very sharp. Presumably you'd have to upgrade your DVD player to get any use out of it though? Are there any 4D XL tv feeds?

They have special demos. Some info about it all here:

http://www.techradar.com/news/home-cinema/high-definition/ultra-hd-everything-you-need-to-know-about-4k-tv-1048954

I recently bought an LG TV and when I was setting it up I discovered that it has a setting

for "Home Use" and another for ""Store Use". This was a bit brighter than normal.

I recently bought an LG TV and when I was setting it up I discovered that it has a setting

for "Home Use" and another for ""Store Use". This was a bit brighter than normal.

Anybody who uses 'Store Mode', 'Auto', 'Dynamic' or similar, and doesn't spend time properly setting it up for realistic colours is wasting their time buying a decent TV.

The human eye is automatically drawn to bright and vivid colours; which is why all sets have a 'Dynamic' or 'Store' or 'Demo' mode. The picture definition and detail in these modes is shockingly bad; but, people think it's better because it's brighter.

Seriously, if anyone has never properly set up their modern TV's picture settings, then they've wasted their money.