Your first XI

gogo_saint

So now the window has closed and we know exactly who we have and haven't got for the next 4 months. What do you think should be our first choice 11, assuming all fit. I'm not interested in what you think MP will do, but rather what you would do.

Here's my thoughts:

Home:

---------------Boruc-----------

Clyne---Yoshida-----Lovren----Shaw

------Schneiderlin---Wanyama----

J-Rod---------Lambert------Lallana

-------------Osvaldo--------

Away:

-------------Boruc-------------

Clyne---Yoshida---Lovren----Shaw

---------------Cork-------

-----Schneiderlin--Wanyama---

J-Rod----------------------Lallana

-------------Osvaldo--------

I'm sad I can't get Ramirez into either team, and would never want the job of telling Lambert he's not getting picked! I feel we may have too many similar options up front.. Relying on FB's and J-Rod for pace on the flanks.

And yes I grew up playing FM.

Can't argue with your first choice XI, it's pretty much self-selecting. Fingers crossed Pochettino doesn't mess about with it too much from now on to appease those who want academy players included but they are not really ready as we saw on Saturday so need to be introduced carefully to allow their proper development. Good to have them as back-up and fresh legs but they are still well short of match-craft.

Anyone considered that we might have tried to push Morgan ahead a bit more and play Cork and VW behind? I honestly didn't see us leaving Jack Cork out this season! Certainly what I was expecting away from home.

With his fiery temperament (lucky not to get red on debut) and track record meaning i'm slightly concerned about his impact on the squad, I'd have liked to see Osvaldo have to wait a bit before getting into the team to show him he's part of a team set-up here. SRL deserves to keep his place until someone truly earns it and GRABS their chance.

My team would be:

Boruc

Clyne - Yoshida - Lovren - Shaw

Cork

VW - Schneiderlin

Ramirez - Rodriguez

Lambert

Subs: K.Davis, Fonte, Fox, Lallana, Osvaldo, Ward-Prowse, Guly

As surprised as I am that many agree with me that osvaldo would be a better option up top, I'm more surprised that so many people put him in the 10 position.

Serious question but why do people think that he'll do better in sn unfamiliar role than Ramirez, Lallana, Davis or even Morgan?

SRL is a talisman but we shouldn't try to accommodate him if (and I emphasise if) we have better options, should we?