Smartphone upgrade

Toon Saint

Very interesting marketing from oneplus. It seems a very good phone and a more than creditable match for the "big" names.

I would say my last phone (HTC something or other) was probably the best phone I've had. The build quality was just incredible. Dropped it on concrete from chest height several times and into the bath and it carried on regardless (this was before phones started getting water-proofed).

My S4 is a good phone and the UI is exactly what I want but Samsung annoy me a bit because getting their devices to interact can be a hit and miss (you'd think that their flagship phone and flagship telly could use screen mirroring, but the function has been disabled so you have to buy a fecking dongle thing at £60). They also appear to be moving down the Apple route of controlling where you can obtain software.

The choice for me is between the UI being exactly how I want it (Samsung) or the phone being able to withstand my ham-fisted handling and a more free choice of sources of software (HTC).

I don't like the lack of control of personal data or lack of alternative sources of software that comes with Apple.

• 1 month later...