Did Ron know

OLDER BUT WISER

I am wondering if Les told Ron all of the truth when persuading him that his future lay at Southampton and interesting that his odds for being the first Premiership manager to leave have dropped to 12-1 with some bookies. I am starting to feel stupid as I endorsed the hierarchy when NC and MP left and it looks like I was wrong.

If he didn't understand our situation, then he'd have been out of the door.

In fact, if he does randomly walk in the next few weeks, then I think that's when we classify this as 'meltdown' and 'crisis'. Up until then, he seems fairy calm about it all. Quite exciting for him I'd imagine, he's got his own real life football manager game to play. I always enjoy going to clubs with lots of money to spend on transfers.

To be fair, as a fan base (apart from me), we've got a poor track record of judgement.

Hoddle (2nd coming), "We've got our club back" (Wilde in), Pinnacle, Adkins out, "We've got our club back" (NC out)... And that"s before you get onto player judgements before they've kicked a ball.

This fallout was inevitable when NC was ousted. MP, then the players who had been here for years; all destabilising making others want to leave plus (presumably) harder to recruit.

That said, we've a warchest. Assuming this isn't an exit strategy then it will be spent to fill the gaps and hopefully strengthen.

Pellevan and Tadic look promising but the other replacements seem to be slow to arrive.

COYRs.

Sent from my RM-821_eu_euro1_276 using Tapatalk

If he didn't understand our situation, then he'd have been out of the door.

In fact, if he does randomly walk in the next few weeks, then I think that's when we classify this as 'meltdown' and 'crisis'. Up until then, he seems fairy calm about it all. Quite exciting for him I'd imagine, he's got his own real life football manager game to play. I always enjoy going to clubs with lots of money to spend on transfers.

Probably the main reason he took the job. Who knows, he may have said: "OK I'll take it but we'll have to get rid of all these old carthorses, hospital cranks and big-headed primadonnas first".