Lost players and the positive side......

toe_punt

Just finished watching Liverpool vs ManU and I have to say I am really chuffed with the funds raised off the sales of Lambert and Shaw.

Shaw played OK, but 30 Million? Saints were definitely 'aving a larf. Not worth a third of that money based on what I've seen of him in this tournament.

Also, sorry to say Rickie looks washed up. Slow, lumbering, poor touch, one weak shot today. I don't think he would've performed well for Saints this season.

Sold him just in time.

So, if we can EVER get in some replacements I think we'll be very happy with the funds raised in hindsight.

Happy, clappy, chappie.................... :)

Shaw clearly wasn't worth £30 million right now, but his potential is huge.

Lambert is having a typical Lambert pre-season, I wouldn't read too much into that. I think everyone, including Rickie know that his role at Liverpool will be far lesser than it was here. £4 million for a squad member of his ability is good value in my opinion.

I felt sorry for Rickie. The only time he seemed to get the ball was when he went hunting for it on the wings. He made a couple of decent passes, but he isn't going to get a

look-in at any free kicks around the box or penalties whilst Gerrard is on the pitch. For all of Sterlings, at times breath-taking possession, it was pretty much a repeat of The World Cup,

they would lose possession at the end of everyone of his runs. If he had an eye for a pass he'd be a world beater. I think a crunching VW tackle in the first few minutes is required if he plays against us at Anfield.

I thought Shaw looked pretty good at Wing Back. His ball control and passing were way above the levels shown by any of the other Man U defenders, and has alrady double his Goal Assist stats!!

I can see him scoring a few goals if Utd keep the 3 at the back, as most of his work seemed to be attacking rather than defending. His was lucky that Sterling and Coutinho didn't really play wide, but kept running up blind alleys through the middle. But boy, none of back 3 looked comfortable on the ball at all, so they may have to change formations.

It was p!ssing me off when the taters kept banging on about how this was the match that the whole of America wanted to see, yet there were loads of empty seats all around the ground, especially the upper tiers.

Maybe a few of the 110,000 the other day actually wanted to see Real Madrid.

For all of Sterlings, at times breath-taking possession, it was pretty much a repeat of The World Cup,

they would lose possession at the end of everyone of his runs. If he had an eye for a pass he'd be a world beater. I think a crunching VW tackle in the first few minutes is required if he plays against us at Anfield.

Very true :)