What shan't we talk about?

pap

It seems to me that there is one story simmering away in this country that we really should all be talking about - the (alleged) Westminster paedophile conspiracy.

I'll admit I'm no expert in this depressing matter, but if even half of what has been claimed is true then this is a ticking time bomb that is potentially on the verge of exploding and becoming the quite biggest scandal to hit our ruling Political Class in living memory. Make no mistake here - Jimmy Saville, 'cash for questions' and MP's fielding their expenses pale into utter insignificance by comparison.

I'll remind people that it is alleged that (years ago) a Tory MP actually murdered a 12 year old boy for his perverted sexual gratification. Journalists claim that they were banned in 1984 from reporting on the matter because of quote: 'national security' considerations. Others say that the threat of the libel laws are being impressed into attempting to keep this story under wraps. The Home Office admits it has 'lost' vital files - even Teresa May thinks that the latest allegations may just be the 'tip of the iceberg'.

The OP well knows that in general I'm not a big believer in conspiracy theories - far from it. However if he or anybody else wants to explore this issue then they'll get no criticism from me because this could be our 'Watergate'.

Tried to discuss the matter on the Savile thread. Was assured by aintforever that it was no more prevalent in the establishment than it is in mainstream society. He missed, which is that the establishment will protect itself. It has long been my view that leverage was more important for those in the know than justice.

If you're sincere about this, Chapel End Charlie, start a thread. I'll happily contribute, but know that on this at least, May is right. It is the tip if the iceberg.

I cannot talk about anyone living, but other names you may wish to consider are Ted Heath and Lord Mountbatten. Heath, like Savile, visited Haut de la Garenne. A conspiracy of silence exists to this day on the island. I am in NI now, and have heard persistent rumours for years that the IRA got to Mountbatten through his weakness.