Mobile Broadband

Batman

Anyone have any experience with this?

doing a bit of travelling around the country for a wee while with work so would like to look at Mobil Broadband.

now, I would want something that could allow a bit of usage with the PS4 and streaming netflix/sports mania

I was looking at getting a SIM from 3 that offers unlimited 4G data. £17m per month.

now, this comes under mobile phone sim deals. would this be effective in a pebble/mobile broadband type device?

or would I need to get a phone that provides a hotspot to use it for internet usage?

Edited by Batman

I have a couple. I bought Mrs h a 3G unit (TP-Link M5350) as standby if the broadband goes down or when she's travelling. She uses a £5 a month Giff Gaff data sim.

I have a 4G D-Link DWR-932, again a monthly data only sim but not UK. It will happily do 20Mbps when the signal allows.

They are both pretty good as standby or backup, especially as rechargeable so you can use your laptop on saintsweb even if the power is off. One useful feature is to have a WiFi network in the car when you're travelling.

They are both just plug-and-play with a data sim card. I would buy from an electronics outlet rather than a phone shop, just to make sure it's not sim-locked.

Anyone have any experience with this?

doing a bit of travelling around the country for a wee while with work so would like to look at Mobil Broadband.

now, I would want something that could allow a bit of usage with the PS4 and streaming netflix/sports mania

I was looking at getting a SIM from 3 that offers unlimited 4G data. £17m per month.

now, this comes under mobile phone sim deals. would this be effective in a pebble/mobile broadband type device?

or would I need to get a phone that provides a hotspot to use it for internet usage?

Think the phone sim contracts have restrictions on tethering. Used to be unlimited but they introduced caps about 12 months ago so although you have unlimited data on the phone you get restricted on attaching other devices.