JRE JAVA question

Batman

Missus has got a brand new, cheapo laptop to do some work from home (windows 8.1). allow her to Log in to the work portal etc.

For this to work, we have used the company guidance to down load Shockwave, flash....enable pop-ups etc.

I down load JRE listed to use (which is a fairly old version)...it randomly fails, then randomly works........when running the oracle application.

Any ideas....?

pretty vague I know

Following on from that.

Was thinking of using the 4 week trial of windows 10 and putting it on my Mac for her to use (The work portal is not compatible with Mac products and have tried)

Anyone have any experience with VW Ware on mac? I know boot camp is a utility on my machine that is perfectly free....would that be the best way to go?

Following on from that.

Was thinking of using the 4 week trial of windows 10 and putting it on my Mac for her to use (The work portal is not compatible with Mac products and have tried)

Anyone have any experience with VW Ware on mac? I know boot camp is a utility on my machine that is perfectly free....would that be the best way to go?

I used to use Fusion on my MacBook Air but that was some time ago. It seemed to work ok once you had worked out how to get file access from one side to the other. I seem to remember that you need to set up a disk partition for the Windows bit.