Saints 0-0 Liverpool - Reactions

Dalek2003

MotM vs Liverpool (Home 2016/17)  

243 members have voted

1. 1. MotM vs Liverpool (Home 2016/17)

Our problem currently is scoring goals , I honestly do not think its a personel problem I think our options are fine ! the issue is continuity .

Last season Leicester won the league playing virtually the same front four all season , liverpool play with mane coutinho firmino and Lalana every game they are available , the run chelsea are on has seen is be pedro moses hazard and costa .

Austin, Redmond, Tadic, Davis has been the starting attacking four (not that Davis's role is strictly attacking in this formation) in 8 out of 12 PL games this season. In most of the others there's only been one player difference (Long or Jrod subbing in for Tadic or Austin mostly).

Slightly disappointed that at home we ended up a bit backs to the wall from the sounds of it.

A reasonable point but a game we really needed to be winning if we are looking to emulate last season.

So you weren't at the game?

I travelled all the way down from the North East to watch my team, and, even though it was 0-0, a trip all the way down from Middlesbrough was well worth it.

I thought we played well to be fair; it definitely wasn't a 'bore draw' as most 0-0's are called these days.

Two top 10 teams working each other out ... was like a game of chess barring a spell in the 2nd half where Liverpool threw a bit at us. The most pleasing thing to come off the back of that was - we defended superbly and stood up to all that was thrown at us!

We could have scored as well through Austin (was sat in the Kingsland practically on the perfect level of the header) and it was quite unfortunate that their centre half was just in the right place to get enough body in the way to put him off.

Next 2 home games (Everton and the s*** lot from up my neck of the woods) should be perfect opportunity to nail 6 points.

Boro are atrocious.