Sam McQueen signs new 4 and a half year deal

Wimborne_saint

I was not getting stick, have you even read the thread or you are just trolling surely, and stating fact is being a pathetic plank? .

He signed a new contract so he is going to be here for 4 and a half more years? like you think that is likely to happen right? you know, just like every one else on this forum knows that a contract in football is just a way for him to not go play for a different club and so the club can sell them in the future eg before 3 years so he has some value?, why would i be happy about that?.

Why is some one of no concern to me ( apart from playing for the Club i support ! ) signing a contract good news? am i happy for the lad? of course!!!!, does it mean he will be here for 4 and a half years? no it does not, so what do i have to be happy about? does the club have an agreement in place that stops him ever being sold? nope, its just there so he cant just randomly pack his bags and go play for Liverpool, i support the club not the players, i already expect the club to sell him for millons so they can invest it back into the club, i would call that being realistic, not pathetic like you seem to think, while he wears a saints top i will support him, but my support is for the club not him, just like any player that puts on the jersey will get my support but, that support is only for them while they are at Saints.

so why dont you take your horrid words ( you know ppl only swear cause they are to slow thinking and have an iq close to homer Simpson. ) and put them up your backside.

Any way, My comment is as histroy proves, 100 % correct, if you dont like it, dont read it, but one day you will need to face up to reality, go play football manager, cause obviously realism is not for u Sir. Good night.

Ok you are indifferent to news about securing and rewarding one of our home grown talents who has recently been linked (albeit it clearly bs) with a move away. As I said to be pitied. Your first thought is but when is going to leave. The pessimism of so many on here is truly astonishing. 7 years of improvement and pretty much the whole world of football being amazed at our success and still so many people are looking to criticise and be cynical.

And please tell how supporting the club can be removed from wanting good players at the club? Also the moral fibre of those players should be important to you and Sam is clearly a genuine lad.

I'm glad people are pleased for Sam. A contract is two way. Southampton FC makes promises too. Surely as a Southampton FC supporter you can be glad that the club will likely gain from the contract. A likely higher return on their investment and therefore the potential to replace Sam should they or he decide to part company. It can work both ways. I think the business done works for both parties so both parties should be able to celebrate. Will Sam move on by moving upwards? Well surely that depends upon his performance. If he doesn't perform then he could well stay on or even be moved down in which case surely Southampton FC fans should celebrate to be shot of a poor performer. The club has successfully graduated another of the class of 2003. All hail the club (and the scouts who found them too!)

Thanks for providing your insight AllSorts, true fan's are behind all the academy lads.

Some will fall by the wayside but hopefully retain a pro career, some could end up at Real Madrid! Personally would love to see another Matt Le Tissier of course!

I'm glad people are pleased for Sam. A contract is two way. Southampton FC makes promises too. Surely as a Southampton FC supporter you can be glad that the club will likely gain from the contract. A likely higher return on their investment and therefore the potential to replace Sam should they or he decide to part company. It can work both ways. I think the business done works for both parties so both parties should be able to celebrate. Will Sam move on by moving upwards? Well surely that depends upon his performance. If he doesn't perform then he could well stay on or even be moved down in which case surely Southampton FC fans should celebrate to be shot of a poor performer. The club has successfully graduated another of the class of 2003. All hail the club (and the scouts who found them too!)

Indeed. Your family must be proud, rightly so!