Saints 3 Palace 1 - Reactions

St Chalet

Man of the Match v Palace  

186 members have voted

1. 1. Man of the Match v Palace

One thing that was noticeable on Wednesday was Redmond sudden desire to use his left foot more (not just the goal), but his crossing throughout (an excellent one just before the hand-ball incident) and numerous times in the 2nd half including for one of the goals.

I appreciate that he scored with his left foot v Watford in the first game of the season, but until recently he tried to avoid that foot unless necessity demanded it. Now it almost seems more instinctive and he will become much less predictable to defenders because of it. Whether it is down to the Saints' training staff or just increased confidence with the England I don't know, but it is encouraging to see ....

One thing that was noticeable on Wednesday was Redmond sudden desire to use his left foot more (not just the goal), but his crossing throughout (an excellent one just before the hand-ball incident) and numerous times in the 2nd half including for one of the goals.

I appreciate that he scored with his left foot v Watford in the first game of the season, but until recently he tried to avoid that foot unless necessity demanded it. Now it almost seems more instinctive and he will become much less predictable to defenders because of it. Whether it is down to the Saints' training staff or just increased confidence with the England I don't know, but it is encouraging to see ....

Totally agree. Earlier in the season he was so frustrating because he'd get the ball, cut inside a bit, stop, look around, before eventually making a 5 yard pass. He never went to the byline. Now he has that duel threat, not only is he prepared to go on his left but he also seems to be making decisions quicker when he receives the ball.

Yeah because we have spent most of our history gloriously winning title after title up till this season when Puel ruined it all ...

Honestly, maybe we are not hitting the heights we had under Poch or Koeman but we are hardly sinking like a stone. Cup final (which we probably should have won!), a hit and miss european campaign and a good chance at a top half finish. If this is mediocrity I would take it. Just ask the blue few down the road!

Plus, if you view this year as one of transition - where our best strikers and CB have been out for a large majority of the season - plus we've embedded and given a lot of our youth invaluable Prem experience - look at how Redmond, JWP, Stevens, Sims & McQueen have progressed, then you can't fail but look forward to next season!

Well as was quoted just a few days ago " we are not the most mediocre team in the League " .

Its sad that this is what we have become .

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

So true. I miss the heady days when we were riding high as league one contenders. ?

Sent from my E6853 using Tapatalk