USA Saints - No more NBC Gold

I miss the days of those Directv Extra time channels. Perfect quality, no buffering, TiVo controls, and could watch whenever I wanted instead of when they decided to upload the replays on Gold. ( Directv and TiVo RIP too, but that's another story)

Hopefully Peacock have a more polished streaming service than Gold, but I won't hold my breath (it could be worse)

Concerned that Roku and Peacock are at loggerheads right now, they've got a few weeks to sort it out.

Just read that non televised games (gold pass games) are only available live and replays available NEXT DAY. this means that if you live on the west coast, watch live at 7am, otherwise you're fucked.

I remember reading something similar two years ago with the gold pass, but luckily it never materialized. Hope it doesn't this time either.

Edited by LVSaint

• 4 months later...
16 hours ago, Dark Munster said:

It just got worse. The bastards have ditched all non-Peacock PL replays. Bait and switch, after promising us replays of all matches would be available. I can't believe they did this with less than one third of the season gone.

Yes, tossers. They want to make sure that subscribers have a TV subscription too.

This is just the beginning. They'll bring in Warren Barton from Fox next...

Edited by LVSaint
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, LVSaint said:

Yes, tossers. They want to make sure that subscribers have a TV subscription too.

This is just the beginning. They'll bring in Warren Barton from Fox next...

Just to pour salt on the wounds, I got notification today that Arsenal vs Saints has just been dropped from Peacock tomorrow and moved to NBCSN (which I don't subscribe to). And now there are hardly any PL matches on Peacock.

Dodgy streams here we go.

• 2 years later...
On 15/04/2023 at 14:10, Atlanta Saint said:

If I'm bothered, how do we watch Saints games next season in the Championship from the USA?

Directly through the Saints website I'd imagine as currently most championship club  games can be watched. £25 a month though....hmmmm, no thanks.
ESPN+ carry several championship games a week. I seem to remember we were on almost every other week last time around.

• 4 weeks later...
On 19/04/2023 at 23:36, LVSaint said:

Directly through the Saints website I'd imagine as currently most championship club  games can be watched. £25 a month though....hmmmm, no thanks.
ESPN+ carry several championship games a week. I seem to remember we were on almost every other week last time around.

500% increase (over Peacock) through the Saints website to watch crap vs. crap. No thanks.

Actually it's even worse than that, since any match on ESPN+ is not streamed by the club. So that's an extra $10 a month to cover both bases, so to speak.

Dodgy streams here we come.

Note to self: cancel Peacock before the automatic annual renewal date in August.

• 3 weeks later...
On 17/05/2023 at 17:07, Dark Munster said:

500% increase (over Peacock) through the Saints website to watch crap vs. crap. No thanks.

Actually it's even worse than that, since any match on ESPN+ is not streamed by the club. So that's an extra $10 a month to cover both bases, so to speak.

Dodgy streams here we come.

Note to self: cancel Peacock before the automatic annual renewal date in August.

ESPN+ is the way to go probably. You can bundle it with Disney and Hulu for a decent price. Not that I give a shit about Disney (apart from when Andor comes on), but Hulu we get anyway.

ESPN gives us all FA cup games as well. Wooooo.

We've been spoilt rotten with Saints coverage for the last ten years.

It's shit but hopefully this season will be the only time we have to worry about this, although I suspect it's not...