USA - Championship TV coverage 2023/24

Any vibe on what the deal is going to be with watching Saints in the Championship this year?

I watched quite a few Championship games on ESPN+ last season. Currently there aren't any Championship games showing up on their upcoming game schedule:

https://www.espn.com/watch/schedule?categoryId=119cfa41-71d4-39bf-a790-6273a52b0259&channel=ESPN_PLUS&om-navmethod=eplusnav&type=upcoming

Plus on their main soccer schedule (https://www.espn.com/soccer/schedule/_/date/20230804) there's nothing under 'TV' for our game @ Sheff Weds on Aug 4 (9 days time).

Hopefully this will change soon. If ESPN+ does show all the UK TV games (and a few others) then hopefully Saints will have some sort of iFollow type streaming subscription to watch the rest of them.

We shall see 'ey?

It worked! I put this post up and the next day Championship game are now listed on ESPN+. Of course...

Fri Aug 4 3pm ET - Sheff Weds A - yes, it's on ESPN+

Tue Aug 8 2.45pm ET - Gillingham A(LC) - no

Sat Aug 12 3pm ET - Norwich H - no

Sat Aug 19 7.30am ET - Plymouth A - yes

That's about as far the listing currently goes. Cool that it appears that all UK Championship TV games will be shown - plus it has some Sat 3pm UK non-TV ones as well (no Saints ones yet). Still TBC about whether we can see the rest of them somehow.

Roll on next week. We're gonna piss this league!

12 hours ago, Rut said:

It worked! I put this post up and the next day Championship game are now listed on ESPN+. Of course...

Fri Aug 4 3pm ET - Sheff Weds A - yes, it's on ESPN+

Tue Aug 8 2.45pm ET - Gillingham A(LC) - no

Sat Aug 12 3pm ET - Norwich H - no

Sat Aug 19 7.30am ET - Plymouth A - yes

That's about as far the listing currently goes. Cool that it appears that all UK Championship TV games will be shown - plus it has some Sat 3pm UK non-TV ones as well (no Saints ones yet). Still TBC about whether we can see the rest of them somehow.

Roll on next week. We're gonna piss this league!

Cheers Rut. I know you've subscribed to espn for some time. What's your experience of espn uploading games for replay? If so, are they quite quick at doing so, say within two hours like Peacock does, for lazy fuckers like me?

On 28/07/2023 at 05:02, LVSaint said:

Cheers Rut. I know you've subscribed to espn for some time. What's your experience of espn uploading games for replay? If so, are they quite quick at doing so, say within two hours like Peacock does, for lazy fuckers like me?

Pretty sure they get the replays up pretty quickly - seem to remember having to avoid/watch later for a League Cup game sometime. Will know for sure on Friday - we'll see how long it takes to get the Sheff Weds game replay available...

You not up for getting up at 4.30am for the Plymouth game then? Plastic supporter!

On 29/07/2023 at 13:56, Rut said:

Pretty sure they get the replays up pretty quickly - seem to remember having to avoid/watch later for a League Cup game sometime. Will know for sure on Friday - we'll see how long it takes to get the Sheff Weds game replay available...

You not up for getting up at 4.30am for the Plymouth game then? Plastic supporter!

Thanks Rut. I'll try to catch the game on some kind of stream on Friday, I'm not in the US (or England) at the moment.

Hi

Any ideas on how to watch Sheffield W game.  I'm on hols from UK and can't go to a sports bar as my daughter isn't over 21.

My UK sky account won't work so wondering if there is a single game pass option for a mobile device.

I'm guessing the saints player in post above won't work as it is being shown on ESPN

Cheers

2 hours ago, John D said:

Hi

Any ideas on how to watch Sheffield W game.  I'm on hols from UK and can't go to a sports bar as my daughter isn't over 21.

My UK sky account won't work so wondering if there is a single game pass option for a mobile device.

I'm guessing the saints player in post above won't work as it is being shown on ESPN

Cheers

You can subscribe to ESPN+ (ESPN+ is different than plain ESPN. ESPN+ is online - not a TV channel) for $9.99 a month (https://plus.espn.com/). Sorry - no idea if you have to have a USA address though. If you can subscribe you'd def get the Sheff Weds game. Or get a VPN for your phone and watch it through your Sky account.

If not then just check on the main board nearer the time. Might be some links to watch it. 

Should have come over last season - would have been a lot easier! Have a good holiday.

5 hours ago, John D said:

Hi

Cheers

I think ESPN+ is free for 7 days, so sign up and cancel after the game.

Thanks for this post - I'm in Canada and looking for the way to watch Saints games live. Thought the answer was going to be DAZN, but it looks like they only select a handful of games to cover live each week - what a pain!

Anyone else tried the Saintsplay route above or have any other suggestions for watching live Saints games in Canada?

Saintsplay is £170 for live audio coverage of all matches and live video of 'select' matches - doesn't say how many or what they are - so a crap deal from my POV.

Edited by Vancouver Saint

On 05/08/2023 at 07:07, Vancouver Saint said:

Thanks for this post - I'm in Canada and looking for the way to watch Saints games live. Thought the answer was going to be DAZN, but it looks like they only select a handful of games to cover live each week - what a pain!

Anyone else tried the Saintsplay route above or have any other suggestions for watching live Saints games in Canada?

Saintsplay is £170 for live audio coverage of all matches and live video of 'select' matches - doesn't say how many or what they are - so a crap deal from my POV.

I'd stick with DAZN/ESPN+, it's tried and tested. Saintsplayer (other than being expensive as fuck), has all the ingredients for it to not work very well/at all, especially if Rasmus was involved in it. 

• Like 1