What's in it for Wilde?

Frank's cousin

Many have hailed the dissapointment in Wilde ...'turncoat' and various other less flattering accusations etc when re-siding with Lowe. But apart from the the falling out with Crouch, what is in it for him? The property down turn ha sperhaps scuppered any potential property development oppportunities at Jackson's farm, even if in it for the long game, he would as a 16% shareholder still be able to influence this eventually from the outside, and maintained favour oor popular support? My gut feeling is one of control. At the time he came back, there was serious (well speculated) attempts by Crouch to bring in 'investment' - to sele the club potentially to consortia of various groups who with the exception of SISU, turned out to be tyre kickers... did Wilde see this as potentially leaving him on the outside? and not having the long term input into property he in effect owns 16% of?

This is speculation naturally, but it does seem odd that Wilde did this about turn... did he really fall out with Crouch so much that its unrepairable? Did he really believe that going with Lowe would save his share capital or give it a better chance of a return than staying on the fringes and keeping Crouch in power?

I think we can all accept Lowee came back because he felt he was teh only one who Could stop the rot, and his ego must have also been desperate to be the 'saviour', but Wilde is the one I just cant figure out.

Well...if I can be frank, Frank....

There is no recognisable benefit to Wilde being involved with this club. He brings nothing to the table apart from his own sizeable shareholding.

Why is he here? Christ only knows. There MUST be a longer term plan with Lowe that they HOPE will finally come to fruition...if they were hoping to 'protect their investment' as per Rupey's returning waffle..they have a funny way of achieving it.

How they can expect to protect the investment by obtaining relegation and mutiny of the fanbase actually shows what a deluded pair they really are....

Top this with their misguided belief that they can achieve progress on the cheap and by alienating the fanbase, well, you get the idea why neither of them have actually been headhunted by other football clubs....

Pettiness has always run through the Football Club since Lowe first left...we all know they've all been involved in this, but there has to be a line drawn somewhere...unless you are like Lowe who seems to thrive on causing division and upset, even amongst the shareholder base, which ultimately put him there.

What a shame no-one has the balls to throw him out.

Wilde must have quite a bit of time on his hands lately, with the housing downturn. As with any recession there is always opportunity - this is the time when properties and land are snapped up cheaply in waiting for the market to recover...this I feel is their gameplan.

Anyone if Merlion has posted its accounts with Companies House yet??

Well...if I can be frank, Frank....

There is no recognisable benefit to Wilde being involved with this club. He brings nothing to the table apart from his own sizeable shareholding.

Why is he here? Christ only knows. There MUST be a longer term plan with Lowe that they HOPE will finally come to fruition...if they were hoping to 'protect their investment' as per Rupey's returning waffle..they have a funny way of achieving it.

How they can expect to protect the investment by obtaining relegation and mutiny of the fanbase actually shows what a deluded pair they really are....

Top this with their misguided belief that they can achieve progress on the cheap and by alienating the fanbase, well, you get the idea why neither of them have actually been headhunted by other football clubs....

Pettiness has always run through the Football Club since Lowe first left...we all know they've all been involved in this, but there has to be a line drawn somewhere...unless you are like Lowe who seems to thrive on causing division and upset, even amongst the shareholder base, which ultimately put him there.

What a shame no-one has the balls to throw him out.

Wilde must have quite a bit of time on his hands lately, with the housing downturn. As with any recession there is always opportunity - this is the time when properties and land are snapped up cheaply in waiting for the market to recover...this I feel is their gameplan.

Anyone if Merlion has posted its accounts with Companies House yet??

If you are referring to Merlion Holdings Limited the December 2007 accounts are still outstanding, now over three months late. Late filing fees have increased too.

Many have hailed the dissapointment in Wilde ...'turncoat' and various other less flattering accusations etc when re-siding with Lowe. But apart from the the falling out with Crouch, what is in it for him? The property down turn ha sperhaps scuppered any potential property development oppportunities at Jackson's farm, even if in it for the long game, he would as a 16% shareholder still be able to influence this eventually from the outside, and maintained favour oor popular support? My gut feeling is one of control. At the time he came back, there was serious (well speculated) attempts by Crouch to bring in 'investment' - to sele the club potentially to consortia of various groups who with the exception of SISU, turned out to be tyre kickers... did Wilde see this as potentially leaving him on the outside? and not having the long term input into property he in effect owns 16% of?

This is speculation naturally, but it does seem odd that Wilde did this about turn... did he really fall out with Crouch so much that its unrepairable? Did he really believe that going with Lowe would save his share capital or give it a better chance of a return than staying on the fringes and keeping Crouch in power?

I think we can all accept Lowee came back because he felt he was teh only one who Could stop the rot, and his ego must have also been desperate to be the 'saviour', but Wilde is the one I just cant figure out.

I think his motives started as quite honorable.

... then he has been held by the short and curlies over an indescrete incident... and then he supported Lowe. IMHO of course.