Ex Saints charity match, 24/08/08

Hunty

A hectic day this Sunday, a totally unconnected fundraising car wash at the Silver Fern in Warsash, 11 til 2, then a dash across to Totton.

Beaney Park FC v Ex Saints at Totton and Eling sports ground, Southern Gardens, Totton.

2pm k.o. Ex-Saints team to say yes are, in alphabetical order,

Adi Aymes

Ian Baird

Graham Baker

Steve Baker

Nicky Banger

Bill Beaney

Francis Benali

Barry Blankley

Tyrone Bowers

Russell Burtenshaw

Glen ****erill

Buster Crabbe

Kevin Dawtry

Jason Dodd

Steve Flood

Sam Hiller

Ian Knight

Greg Llewellin

Marcel

Wayne Shaw

Rod Wallace

Leroy Whale

Tommy Widdrington

In aid of Leukaemia research in memory of Steve Beaney of the Park Inn, Shirley.

Admittance £3 adults and £1 concessions

A few names in that list I havent heard anything about for a long time, Kevin Dawtry whatever happened to him, use to drink with his parents in Fawley in the 80's.

Haven't seen many of them for years, hope I'm not too hungover from the Derby trip to enjoy the day!

Senior moment alert! Can anyone help me with the guy Steve Flood as there was a Steve Flood in the same year as me at Redbridge school in the 70's and he was a damn good footballer. I am sure he went onto Fulhams books but not sure.

Ginger guy if I remember rightly, anyone.

Senior moment alert! Can anyone help me with the guy Steve Flood as there was a Steve Flood in the same year as me at Redbridge school in the 70's and he was a damn good footballer. I am sure he went onto Fulhams books but not sure.

You are right with some of your info. If it helps I am told he would be about 52/53 yrs. Sandy Hair. He went to Hereford at the time Terry Paine and Tony Byrne.

If you go on Sunday you will probably see him there.

Ex Saints 5-2 Park Inn

Playing.. Aymes,Banger,Cooke,Tessem,Puckett,Knight,Beaney,Davis,Baird,Burtenshaw,Shaw,Widdrington,

Dawtry,Baker G. Spectators Fry,O'Neill,Earls and Crabbe.

Goal Scorers .. Banger 3, Widdrington 2 and Rahim 2 For Park Inn.

Well attended and apparently good sum towards Leukaemia Research.

Sorry if anyone left out. Thanks for those who attended.

In fact I left out Jason Dodd who also played.

Edited by ottery st mary

apparently no sign of Steve Flood. Hope he wasn't avoiding you. Maybe he still owes you some money from school.

Ex Saints 5-2 Park Inn

Playing.. Aymes,Banger,Cooke,Tessem,Puckett,Knight,Beaney,Davis,Baird,Burtenshaw,Shaw,Widdrington,

Dawtry,Baker G. Spectators Fry,O'Neill,Earls and Crabbe.

Goal Scorers .. Banger 3, Widdrington 2 and Rahim 2 For Park Inn.

Well attended and apparently good sum towards Leukaemia Research.

Sorry if anyone left out. Thanks for those who attended.

Was indeed a cracking day out, over £900 total before I left the pub at 1145. A great success, thanks to all who turned out, and those that donated though they couldn't be there.