Scamming the scammers

mightysaints

Hi All, I am selling a motorbike on gumtree and got an email from Ted Graham saying that he would pay the asking price and arrange shipping with no questions asked using PayPal as he has no internet banking, and cannot access a bank. I have asked how we are going to sort out the V5 and he asked what it is. Smelling a rat I googled his address and yep he's a scammer. I have played along a bit and would like to keep him thinking he has a chance. Can anyone come up with a strange request that I can use to keep this guy on board. I hate people that do this and would love to waste his time.

Tell him that his ip address does not match the location he has given as his address. Apologies to him for being anal and checking these things out but spending 15 years in the fraud squad does this to you.

Edited by Saint Billy

I hooked a few on my car advert with Autotrader but they give up when they realise that you are onto them. Always wondered what would happen if you literally played along and then said you had the money but weren't sending the car etc.