Early Southampton

miserableoldgit

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Ha, I've got no idea or understanding what "the game" they're referring to is, but an interesting video nevertheless and good to see people delving into the history of the city.

I went to the Sea City Museum for the first time the other day, well worth it and really showed the history of the city well, should be promoted more.

Interesting video.

I note that Southampton has also become two words.

I have an American friend who lives in California who used to refer to our beloved team as South Hampton. I think it stems from their early exposure to The Hamptons, so I don't blame them, but I will judge them.

Another couple of mates are Wolves and QPR supporters, and the same guy refers to their teams as the Wolverton Wolverines and the Range Park Queens.

So I guess we got off lightly.

Leaving aside this chap’s idiosyncratic pronunciation, I loved his enthusiasm and thought the video was very interesting. I agree with Sour Mash that the Sea City museum is well worth a visit; and, for anyone interested in the history of Southampton, The Story of Southampton by Peter Neal is, imo, a good and informative read – although, perhaps, a little pricey at £10.19 (Kindle version).