jrobsbigshorts
Members-
Posts
34 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Everything posted by jrobsbigshorts
-
I enjoyed your post and agree it was a gamble but I see it as them prioritising the guy who nearly got us promoted and was best placed to do it this season , I've been firmly in the keep Tonda camp and I was pleasantly surprised when Dragan backed him , it was a bold / arrogant move , let's see , IF we get to keep him it will be the genius ballsy move from the owner if we don't then Tonda goes to Germany and gets the Bayern job by the time he's 40 and our club are punished again by losing their manager mid season
-
If we know anything from spygate and Tondas background as a video analyst it's that he's a hound for data and makes decisions based on it , but you reckon the data even though you don't have it would say playing out doesn't work but Tonda tells the team to do it anyway, nah doesn't make sense to me Swansea press high and hard to either win the ball back in a dangerous position or force the opposition to concede possession through going long , I thought we navigated it pretty well Come on Grandad be brave and trust the process!
-
Edozie shouldn't get minutes for having a tantrum on Instagram, should of been Dobbin I was positive about the window til today, Mubama looks way off it , surely we could of got a deal done with Stewart
-
And we just sold our only keeper that was good with his feet
-
Fair play to the club , it seemed obvious Stephens had to be replaced but clubs don't always do the obvious, early days but Schlotterbeck looks a bargain and just what we needed , I thought it was a great show of character that he remained composed after that early costly error and went on to have a very impressive debut I wasn't that convinced about re signing JWP but watching him yesterday I realised I'd underestimated that actually a player with that many top flight minutes behind him is a huge asset to a club in our position Couple more good signings and the autos are on COYR
-
I'd assumed it was the club not wanting him to play cos we don't wanna pay his wage rather than him not wanting to play, I'm not ITK but he seems to be well liked and he played for the 21s the other day , that doesn't seem like a big ego move to me, I hope it works out for him but his career has completely fallen apart since coming here , it's been mentioned on here about the modern keeper needing to be good with his feet and he's not that player, championship is probably his level now but his wage is going to prohibit that happening I guess, I've no idea what's next for him , maybe competition to Peretz is becoming more likely? Anyone know how much Peretz is earning?
-
It was Lazio I think , the one where Alcaraz nearly started a riot Great goal on his debut and that was it !
-
I've been so bored of all the " would you take JWP back " chat on here this summer cos I thought it was completely hypothetical, he'll never fucking come back I said !!! I've been wrong before and I'll be wrong again I'd love to see him back in a saints shirt ,for me a useful addition and if Jander stays we'll be just about ok but could still do with another box to box player ideally
-
My thoughts on yesterday I wasn't surprised the midfield didn't quite work again when I heard Jander was out , you can't have a match day squad without a number 8 but fair play to them they got it done Downes was great but I thought Matsuki ( the bloke behind me was calling him Matsui, wasn't that a cheap 80s hi-fi brand!) struggled, he was better than the Colchester game but it's not his position and it's knowing when to press ,when to drop etc he didn't seem to get it right at times, TBF to Tonda I can see why he started him as Bragg and Downes last week didn't work either but with Jander back and a Charles replacement in we'll be fine in the middle I was furious with Jack last week but TBF he did well , Wood makes me a bit nervous at times , he can look clumsy and off balance but actually I thought his positioning was good ,he knows when to attack the ball and he's a player who'll make those brave blocks , Are Stephens and Wood good enough for the season ahead? It's probably one of them with a new signing alongside but TBF they were solid yesterday Scienza was totally ineffective yesterday, they doubled up on him at times , we didn't have THB hitting him early, hopefully he hasn't been found out ! Oh well makes it more likely we'll keep him , was that Gallagher that cleaned him out btw I thought Azaz was a difference maker again, I love how he always scanning looking for.the killer pass and it was no suprise he played in Mubama form the winner YET the numpty behind me was slagging him off half the game So pleased for Mubama , City obviously rate him could be a great loan In the 2nd half what happened when Stoke had a chance that Peretz saved , where I was sat it looked weird like in slow mo and it trickled toward the net and I thought the stoke player was gonna tap it in but Peretz ended up with it ,it wasn't on the highlights either
-
I disagree, we have 2 very good no.6s in Bragg and Downes we don't need another , I thought we probably had the best midfield in the league last season
-
I'm really suprised there hasn't been more central midfielders linked ,I thought last season Tonda did a great job of rotating the 4 midfielders for the 2 spots , have to trust Spors can work his magic but it's the position I'm most worried about, could do with upgrades at CB but I reckon it'll be ok and I'm alright with Larin and Mubama but we'll need at least 1 new no.8 and if Jander does go I'm not confident we can find 2 no.8s anywhere near the quality of Shea and Caspar
-
Peretz Bree THB Wood Manning Downes Fellows Jander Scienza Azaz Larin
-
I used to like Jobi McAnuff, what a load of shit
-
Happy with the lineup, would of started Azaz personally but that's a strong side and I'm pleased to see Bragg and Downes together in the middle ,COYR
-
I don't disagree but I can forgive all that due to his fabulously 1950s name, his easy elegance on the ball and the Maldini hair band, TBF he was played as a right back and in a Will Still back 3
-
THBs long diagonal passes were a feature of Tonda ball and it fucks me off that we had the natural succesor to Taylor in Ronnie Edwards , we sold him way too cheap , it was clear we'd probably need another ball playing CB in the near future,
-
Interesting, TBF to the lad I think of all the squad he's the one that's too good for the champ and I guess he doesn't necessarily have that connection with the club that some of the others have , that story about him being homesick which was dismissed as bollocks did ring true for me and I reckon it's either now , January or next summer that he goes to a big bundesliga club , if he does go where does that leave our midfield, Bragg and Flynn were the 6s and Charles and Jander the 8s so we need at least 1 no8 in , Matsuki definitely can't play there after seeing him at Colchester but Downes ahead of Bragg looked pretty good to me ,I noticed on the predictions players were making on Instagram today someone said Flynn to get more goals , is Tonda seeing him as an 8 now ?
-
I think Jander is the one who could walk straight into a top flight mid table first 11 but if we keep him it'll probably only be for a season whereas if we keep Leo this window I could see him staying longer , I'd assumed THB wound be off but Benefica , Hull or Cov don't feel like the right fit to me , I'm not sure he's top half prem player , he looked a liability in the Colchester game at times ! But he was the best CB in the champ last season TBF With Charles gone and Jordan James looking like he's going to Wolves I'd keep Caspar
-
Could we actually afford to keep Scienza,. Harwood Bellis and Jander , I'm no expert on SCR but it seemed like previously we thought 2 of these 3 would go but it doesn't sound like the huge offers that Dragan said it would take are coming? Would you keep the current squad with BBD gone and Stewart on a new contract, no other transfers I would
-
I agree Brooks was premier league quality and it was a bit of a twist of fate that he ended up with us, it's hard to replace that and I think spors identifying and being able to bring in Azaz was good from the club tbf , I've enjoyed watching Azaz this season , he's played shit loads of minutes his only 25 and he scored that goal, I think he'll continue do be a difference maker in games but he's got to win his spot back from Dobbin first
-
Sometimes but when Enzo Fernandez posted a video of himself and other Argentina players chanting a racist song about France's players of african heritage they did literally nothing , admittedly I guess it was under FIFA when it took place but he was a high profile player in the premier league being irrefutably racist , undoubtedly bringing the game into disrepute in my eyes For all the FAs rainbow laces and kick it out they did fuck all and Chelsea issued a statement presumably not actually written by Fernandez saying he definitely wasn't racist and that was that Are Chelsea to big to fail but we're small enough to be made an example of
-
In the midst of the media pile on the one person most qualified to comment on spygate IMO Stefan Borson said on White and Jordan he thought we should be punished but what the EFL did was unprecedented and disproportionate , he suggested a big fine and that the Boro game should be replayed , I'm bias but I agree completely, if Tonda gets a ban it'll be a fucking piss take ,triple jeopardy, we can accept wrong doing but still fight the severity of the punishment can't we?
-
That's changed my mind, you're spot on mate ,
-
I always thought he looked decent but I seem to remember the thinking was Tonda likes 3 tallish players in a back 4 hence why breezys return allowed the return to the back 4 and Jelert probably doesn't fit Eckerts system
-
Given how much Tonda has improved Manning defensively, could he do the same with sugawara? Always thought there was a player there but found himself in a failing team low on confidence and went to pieces , for me has the potential to be a much more dynamic player than roeslev as 2nd choice right back
