AFC Wimbledon to return 'home'?

Minty

I was born in Kingston where they currently play and have kept up with the club.

I can't see it happening any time soon, as you say, if at all. They talked about this a while ago and the greyhound stadium wasn't big enough for a proper football pitch. Don't know how they've got round that one.

The council whilst supportive of the club are tricky customers, so again, doubtful. Then there's the funding. They have one of the smallest budgets in the division and these plans will cost a lot of money, more than schemes like the football ground investment types can provide.

• 1 month later...
Would love to see it, but would also love to see us and them have their own websites!

Their website is worse than ours which is saying something.

They've just opened a new stand at Kingsmeadow but unfortunately there's a lot of unrest over their manager Terry Brown. He let go a lot of players in the summer, didn't replace them and is now panic buying. They've had the same coaching set up (one coach) since the Ryman league days and are struggling with the demands of the Football League.

A bad result today and he could be off.

• 5 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I find it hard to give too much of a toss about Wimbledon - their complaints about what the FA and MK did to them are valid, obviously, but they've always had a holier-than-thou attitude since forming the new club, and they've since turned full hypocrite by displacing Kingstonian from their own town in order to facilitate their move back to Plough Lane.