Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: Bars in Prague?

  1. #1

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    The Dell
    Posts
    2,298

    Default Bars in Prague?

    Never been to Prague. Anyone with any recent knowledge of the place? Anyone watched football there? Any bars that can be recommended?

  2. #2

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    @matsmithdesign
    Posts
    2,666

    Default

    Don't think there are any... might just have to drink at the ground, oh wait.

  3. #3

    Default

    Fairly standard advice... generally, bars on and immediately around Wenceslas Square will be pretty expensive, you'll probably be paying UK prices there. For better value, move a few blocks away from the main tourist areas.

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Back and Beyond
    Posts
    1,492

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stevegrant View Post
    Fairly standard advice... generally, bars on and immediately around Wenceslas Square will be pretty expensive, you'll probably be paying UK prices there. For better value, move a few blocks away from the main tourist areas.
    Old Town square is the more picturesque of the squares in Prague and would be where most would congregate i'd imagine. As for prices... nowhere near the prices we saw in Milan even in the the squares. but as Steve says, go a block away and the prices drop further.

    This video shows typical prices..... 1.5euros a pint! Could be a very messy few days

    Last edited by marc_saint; 04-11-2016 at 07:30 PM.

  5. #5

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    The Rock
    Posts
    858

    Default

    1.5 euros?? Really?? Would have thought those which accept euros would charge more as they will tend to be 'chains'

  6. #6

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Back and Beyond
    Posts
    1,492

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thefuriousb View Post
    1.5 euros?? Really?? Would have thought those which accept euros would charge more as they will tend to be 'chains'
    I think it's more of a comparison vs krona

  7. #7

    Default

    Expect bars closest to wherever we have to collect tickets from!

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    @matsmithdesign
    Posts
    2,666

    Default

    I think this is the place to go... http://mujalkac.webnode.cz/


  9. #9

    Default

    thanks for that link, now i have to go and delete by history!!

  10. #10

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Back and Beyond
    Posts
    1,492

    Default

    We have a couple of people travelling out to Prague without tickets for this one so looking to watch in a bar near the Old Town. Any thoughts on a central pub as there will be a few I'd have thought travelling over without tickets?

  11. #11

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Back and Beyond
    Posts
    1,492

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by marc_saint View Post
    We have a couple of people travelling out to Prague without tickets for this one so looking to watch in a bar near the Old Town. Any thoughts on a central pub as there will be a few I'd have thought travelling over without tickets?
    To answer my own question, this has been recommended to me. http://www.aulddubliner.cz/

    Quite central so not the cheapest but a pint (well.....half a litre) costs about 2.50

  12. #12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by marc_saint View Post
    To answer my own question, this has been recommended to me. http://www.aulddubliner.cz/
    Visit picturesque Prague, ignore local bars and taverns, head straight for the nearest Irish bar. Brilliant *facepalm*

  13. #13

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Back and Beyond
    Posts
    1,492

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Essruu View Post
    Visit picturesque Prague, ignore local bars and taverns, head straight for the nearest Irish bar. Brilliant *facepalm*
    That was purely as a venue to watch the game in for anyone without tickets due to the large screens etc

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •