Academy Graduates Since 2000

Mbizzle

all quite interesting but what you really need to produce is one chart comparing to every other club for the following stats;

1.number of players who made debut for academy club

2.number of academy players who made a career in football (maybe minimum 100 career appearances) - this would be the really interesting one, especially if you went back to at least the start of the Premier league.

3.the total number of sales (from academy club) and the average per sale

I looked at the other 3 you linked and it looks very favourable, but the trouble with comparing to generally bigger clubs is that it is harder for academy players to breakthrough hence why point 2 above would be the great stat to see compared against all other clubs!

You might want to review your statement about the number of debutantes in the Championship being surprising as we only had one season in that division. Since 2000 we have had 5 seasons in that division.

Hey guys,

I've written another stats piece on Saints – this time looking at the numbers relating to home grown academy graduates since 2000.

Enjoy!

http://www.thestatszone.com/articles/southamptons-youth-academy-success-in-numbers

Thanks for sharing that. Defo agree a comparison across Premier League teams would be worthwhile....my sense is that we measure well against most of the other highly respected academies like Everton's for bringing players through but I wonder how we rack up in terms of revenue from youth players. Wouldn't surprise me if we came out near the top of that too.