Les Reed and the Board

SKD

I'm more worried about the complete lack of transfer activity outside of VVD - we badly need another CM to play next to Romeu for a start

What's wrong with those that we already have then ?

People need to look at the squad that we have, there's hardly any space for manoeuvre. If we can't sell, we won't buy.

Convinced if he was going to go, it would have happened weeks ago. We always like to get our major outgoings done as soon as possible. I'm expecting him and everyone else worth keeping to stay.

I'd agree with that. With the likes of Mane/Morgan etc...we got those out of the way in June I think, left it to the manager to then go out and replace them within pre-season. I think all we're seeing here is a situation where we're allowing VVD to get his head straight and come back into the team at home to Swansea in a couple of weeks - as per Morgan did v Liverpool in the pre-season he lost his head a few times.

I know people like to mock Les (Saint Charlie in particular) by taking the **** out of his quiet summer remark, but to be honest it will probably end up being just that....